Author Topic: Connecting Dish VIP211K w/ Tailgator Sat.  (Read 4599 times)

John 'Bo' Achord

Connecting Dish VIP211K w/ Tailgator Sat.
« on: August 26, 2012, 07:27:36 PM »
I have a 2008 Beaver Contessa Milan pre-wired for Sat. I have a Roof connection and also a Sat. connection in the service center right next to the cable conn. & Telephone conn. My question is , can I connect the tailgator to the Sat. port in the service center and expect to catch Sat. on all three of my TV 's. Living Rm. , Bedroom , and Outside ?
Or am I going to have to connect it directly to my outside TV ?  I am trying to get this system going before the first game of college football. I would appreciate any input ?

Robert Mathis

Re: Connecting Dish VIP211K w/ Tailgator Sat.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 08:27:36 PM »
It depends on how your system is set up.  On my Contessa, there is an input line from the roof dome and a seperate line from the sat input in the bay.  I have to physically change the lines over from one to the other, and then the connection from the "service center" only works on the front TV.  You can hook the outside and bedroom TV's up to the output of the satellite box in the front and watch the same thing on all three TV's, or you can split the input, use seperate satellite boxes and run then on different channels on different TV's, with the correct dish.  I have directtv. but if I use my in motion dish, I cannot watch one channel on the front and a seperate channel in the bderoon, unless they are on the same satellite.  I have a stand-alone dish on a tripod, with three LNB's and can watch whatever I want on any TV, but I ran a seperate coax into the bedroom and outside bay from the dish.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 11:19:42 PM by 14 »

John 'Bo' Achord

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 02:56:03 AM »
Robert , Thanks for the information. I did verify (ohmn meter) that the cable conn. in the service center bin goes directly to the windguard booster on/off sw. above the drivers seat road side. The cable then goes to the front TV. I will continue on tomorrow trying to find where the Sat. conn.in the service bin goes. I did not find any spare coaxial cables in the front overhead bin where the CD/Radio Receiver resides.  I wonder if I can set up the receiver out side the RV and send the output cable to the cable input conn. in the service center and catch the same channel on all three TV's. What do you think ?

Robert Mathis

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 01:21:27 PM »
It depends on where the cable for your outside TV starts. Mine is in the overhead compartment where the a/v stuff resides, and I put a selector switch in there so I can feed either cable tv or an output from my satellite box to that TV. I then ran a seperate coax from the bedroom tv into the engine bay( on my rig, there is a main cable run under the rear cabinets in the bedroom and I just fished it thru that). I just hook an output cable from the tripod dish to that and have a seperate satellite box in the bedroom. There was already a seperate feed from the in-motion dish to the rear.

John 'Bo' Achord

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 02:03:33 AM »
Robert , Thanks again. I am getting ready for Hurricane Isaac. I will look into where the outside cable resides later on this week. I will let you know what I decided to do. Thanks again.