Author Topic: 2000 Marquis voltmeter.  (Read 5510 times)

Jeremy Parrett

2000 Marquis voltmeter.
« on: August 30, 2012, 01:38:59 AM »
After installing new batteries and battery connector cables  my dash voltmeter is reading 18 volts. OK, it has always been erratic and used to wander from 13 to 16 volts.  Now its stuck at 18 volts. By voltmeter both battery banks are at 13.4 volts with the C12 running.  
Assuming the voltmeter is kaput......what size is the hole it sits in......2 inch ????

Richard Crane

Re: 2000 Marquis voltmeter.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 01:40:44 AM »
My wife and I also have a 2000 Marquis C12. Ours reads 16 volts but otherwise seems to work.
Does anyone know if it is adjustable?
Richard and Judie Crane

Jeremy Parrett

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 01:55:31 AM »
Hi Richard,
 best to check your voltage  at the chassis batteries. I think the only adjustment you can make to these gauges is to see if you can get it into the garbage can in one throw !!!
  I can read Teleflex on the front.....a replacement is around $30,but a better gauge will cost $50  to  $100.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 06:24:41 PM »
As I have said many times before, your analog dash gauges are for "Entertainment Purposes Only". The Silverleaf system will give you accurate voltage readings if you want to know your chassis battery voltage. Therefore I see no reason to replace the cheap dash gauge with another one just like it, or spending $100 for one that is accurate when the information is already there on the Silverleaf,but if you want a new guage, get a good one.

Gerald    

Bill Jourdain

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 06:40:36 PM »
On the topic of Silverleaf, I've noticed that several readouts on mine indicate zero values, so I assume they are not connected or have developed faults in certain sensors.  I've only had this coach since mid July and am still learning, but on most coaches were all of the Silverleaf sensors connected, or just selected ones depending on the coach and model?

Gerald Farris

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 07:27:23 PM »
Bill,
The Silverleaf software for your coach was not written for your specific coach. It has the option of being used on several different coaches with many different engines. All engine models do not have the same sensor inputs, so items like fuel pressure, fuel temperature, intake temperature, and a few others are not displayed for some model engines because that engine never had that sensor.

Gerald

Bill Jourdain

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 07:55:13 PM »
Thanks, Gerald.  I figured that was the situation.  I have the 200EL model.  Is there any advantage to upgrading to the 240 model that you are aware of?  It's a lot of money if it only amounts to a color display with a sharper screen.

Thanks.

Bill

Gerald Farris

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 08:45:47 PM »
Bill,
I am not positive that I know all of the capabilities of the VMS 200. But I do not think that the VMS 240 increases the system capabilities much more if any. So unless there is a specific feature that you are upgrading for like video sourcing, you will be buying one for looks and not features.

Gerald