Author Topic: Black and gray water dump valves 03 Marquis  (Read 4848 times)

William Harrison

Black and gray water dump valves 03 Marquis
« on: August 31, 2012, 02:04:05 PM »
 After getting an odorous bath at the dump station I realize that my black water valve is either not working
or (like on my last coach) deteriorated.  Are the valves rebuildable and where do you get the parts?

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
Re: Black and gray water dump valves 03 Marquis
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 02:08:32 PM »
A great job for the labor dy weekend! you can get parts at most camper supply stores like camping world
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Tim Bentley Co-Admin

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 04:36:35 PM »
If your 03 Marquis is like mine you have Drainmaster electric valves.  They do not last forever and can not be rebuilt.  You can get replacements from drainmaster, they used to give a discount for replacemtnts.  I have replaced mine and it is not an easy job because you need to work behind the water manifold panel which can be difficult to remove.  I was able to get mime open enought to work behind it.

You can make your valves last longer and work better if you lubricate them.  I use silicon spray.  Empy the tank and place a small amount of water in it, spray a large quantity of silicon spray in the toilet and flush it down.  Go outside and work the valve several times.  This method will free up all types of holding tank valves.

You can get replacements ar

http://www.drainmaster.com/

William Harrison

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 07:52:15 PM »
 Just checked the valve on the black water tank and the motor runs but the gate valve doesn't move
Valves are only available from Drainmaster.

Tim Bentley Co-Admin

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 08:39:36 PM »
When you install the new valves, make sure that motors are up, this will keep them dry and they will last longer.  Check to see that the valves are mounted, so they do not twist or torque out of alinement as you tighten the bolts.  If they do not line up properly they will bind and not operate smoothly.  You may need to change the electrical connectors on the valves, as the new ones will not match.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 11:46:16 PM by 14 »