Author Topic: Hydraulic Lines  (Read 3955 times)

steve zannella

Hydraulic Lines
« on: October 09, 2012, 05:54:45 AM »
Does anyone know if the hydraulic lines are pressurized when the slides are in the open or closed positions or are they only pressurized when in motion and not at rest.
Also how do you bleed the lines when they are replaced.

Gerald Farris

Re: Hydraulic Lines
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 04:01:50 PM »
Steve,
One of the lines is pressurized in the out position and the other line is pressurized in the in position. The hydraulic pressure in the line is the force that keeps the slide from moving out of the desired position.

If you have a leak in the line that holds the slide in the stored or inward position, and it is not able to maintain pressure, the slide will open up as you are driving from the forces that are exerted on it (turns and bumps) as you drive.

You can bleed the lines to remove all air (preferred method), however the air will work it's way out of the system as it is used. However you will have to add fluid to the reservoir as the fluid replaces the air as it is expelled.

Gerald

steve zannella

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 07:49:19 PM »
Thanks Gerald

That information helps a lot as I need to replace a hydrolic hose on the drivers slide that holds the slide in. I recently found several bubbles on the hose and maybe I should use
slide locks until I get the hose repaired.

Would you happen to know what PSI the slide hoses need and SAE coupler size? Should I use higher than recomended PSI hoses to prevent future bubbles or are they
just a normal condition of age?

Steve

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 02:55:37 AM »
We just got home from a near two-week trip (Hermiston to Spokane to Ephrata to Everett to Bonney Lake to Portland and back to Hermiston).  We noticed a small puddle of red fluid on the ground under the co-pilot's seat at two stops.  Yup - We had a pinhole leak in a ten inch hydraulic-leveler oil line right next to the hydraulic oil reservoir. On the way to get diesel at the Bonney Lake Fred Meyer we went by a RV repair shop at Buckley. 

The shop replaced the line with a new line manufactured down the street - total cost $225 including one hour labor at $115, $80 for the new oil line, and two quarts of Dextron III.  Don't forget those sales taxes too!!  Thanks to the White River RV Sales and Service in Buckley for a one and one-half hour repair job. 
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 07:00:34 PM by Glenda Farris Co-Admin »
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!