Author Topic: Black water roof vent  (Read 3339 times)

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Black water roof vent
« on: September 12, 2012, 01:14:09 PM »
It was mentioned in a seperate thread that the vent could get pulgged and cause waste gasses to enter the coach.  Today I examined the vent cap which is little more than a PVC 'T' with a domed flange attached to the roof.  The only thing I could think of to run the vent was a piece of romex so it would make the 90 deg. turn and it was stopped at about 4 feet into it.  I ran a strong spray of water down the vent and there seemed to be a trickle running down the exterior wall from just below the gutter.

Has anyone had to remove the cabinet and wall just behind the toilet?   How is the cabinet and so on attached?  Any suggestions?

Thanks much
Keith
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Bill Sprague

Re: Black water roof vent
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 08:31:24 PM »
Could you drill a hole in the top of the "T" and use a regular plumbing snake?  Having a hole up there wouldn't be a problem or you could cover it with duct tape.  

It also may be that it has an elbow in the line.

Good luck with this.

Bill

Steve Jewell

Re: Black water roof vent
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 01:35:31 AM »
Keith, Try a shop vac on the T. Put the vac on one side and cap the other side with your hand. I would make sure the tank is empty and leave the dump valve open. If you do not have a shop vac go to the hardware store and get 2 90 degree elbows that fit the T. Put them on (without glue) facing up. Then pour the hottest water you can get down one of the fitting. Either one of these will normaly clear the vent. The vac would be my first choice to try.

Good Luck
Steve