Author Topic: vent fan cotrol  (Read 4437 times)

Joey and Jackie Cashen

vent fan cotrol
« on: September 14, 2012, 03:56:22 PM »
2001 Marquis. I have a vent located on the ceiling between passenger and drivers seat, right behind the front curtain track. Does anyone know where the control for the fan in this vent is located? I am replacing my Alpine radio/camera and it has been on since tech completed the job.

Edward Buker

Re: vent fan cotrol
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 04:38:57 PM »
Joey,

Ours is on the left dash panel, to the right of the rockers, in a 2002 Marquis. It is a round black knob with a four bladed prop image in the center.

Later Ed
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 12:55:09 AM by 14 »

Jeremy Parrett

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 08:49:30 PM »
Joey and Jackie,
  The wood vent/grille on my Marquis has a small computer fan fitted above it to pull hot air from the electrical components fitted in the compartment.  The switch to control the fan is mounted on the TV multi switch antenna panel above the driver, left of the TV.  It also switches on the stereo sound system. The switch is marked "stereo power" !!
  Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 12:56:15 AM by 14 »

Bruce Benson

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 06:10:35 PM »
2001 Marquis - Directly above the headlight switch - knob as described by Ed.  Only works with key in on position.  Never figured out a good use for it.  Does not seem to help a lot for defrost and cannot run it when coach is sitting with air out due to horn noise so don't know if it would help condensation on cool nights.

Joey and Jackie Cashen

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 11:44:16 AM »
Want to thank all of you. Found the control switch on the panel to the left of driver, next to the switch that engages the rear camera. There are two camera switches, This one is the closest to the rear of the panel-center switch. Lots of good help on this forum because of guys like you!

Bruce Benson

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 08:47:38 AM »
Ah, proof once again that they had no plan when building these coaches, just depended on who was hooking up the wire that day or how they felt!