Author Topic: Changing bulbs in aisle lights  (Read 4824 times)

Denis Golinowski

Changing bulbs in aisle lights
« on: September 16, 2012, 04:48:08 AM »
We have a 2005 Beaver Marguis and over the last year all three aisle lights have burnt out, one at a time. I have unscrewed the fixture and taken it out of the baseboard, but can't see how to get into the housing to get at the bulb.  I'm afraid to pry to hard and break it.  Has someone out there replaced the bulbs, and can tell me how to take the fixture apart?
Thanks, Denis
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 05:35:44 AM by 14 »

Bill Sprague

Re: Changing bulbs in aisle lights
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 06:31:04 PM »
If they are the same "aisle lights" used in an '04 Monterey in the step well, you can't remove the bulb.  Seems that Beaver put in the fixtures and then sprayed on the insulating foam.  The foam expanded and seeped into the fixture so that the bulbs are permanently glued in.  

If you have "aisle lights" elsewhere, I don't know.

Bill

Roy Warren Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 08:53:53 PM »
If they are like mine, the outside twists CCW and then you can remove the bulb.  Good luck.
Roy Warren
2005 Patriot Thunder
Cat C-13

Larry Fisk

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 06:16:10 AM »
Roy, I think the lights he is referring to are the ones at the steps when you enter the coach. I have never had to replace one of those so it would be of interest to me also how you would do that. Do you have to buy a whole new fixture?
Larry Fisk
2005 Patriot Thunder 40 ft.
525 (C-13) CAT Engine

Bill Sprague

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 02:01:34 PM »
Quote from: Larry Fisk
Roy, I think the lights he is referring to are the ones at the steps when you enter the coach. I have never had to replace one of those so it would be of interest to me also how you would do that. Do you have to buy a whole new fixture?

In my case, yes.  Yours may not have has much foam soaked into it.