Author Topic: Help - Need 05 Monterey bay doors  (Read 5378 times)

Diana Bentley

Help - Need 05 Monterey bay doors
« on: September 17, 2009, 04:48:47 AM »
I was hit by a car when in Canada a while back.  I am doing all I can to locate two bin doors so it can be repaired.  I am wondering if I could send out a request to other Beaver owners for help?  Monaco says they do not have the doors or the measurements..........I need to either find doors or acquire the measurements so the door can be fabricated.  If I could find a Beaver close by or even further away, that would be helpful.

I have a:
    Monterey
    40 foot
    4 slides

Please let me know if you can assist me.

Thank you so much for your help.
Craig Smith
720-988-7118
candjs@earthlink.net

JimLNichols

Re: Help - Need 05 Monterey bay doors
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 06:53:55 AM »
Hi Craig, I have a 2005 Monterey, 4 slides, but a 36'. I also acquired a boo boo on one of my bay doors. Called the "mother ship," Beaver Coach Sales in Bend. They quoted me $20/linear inch (running horizontally) for a new skin, and $27/linear inch (again, horizontally) for the whole door, frame and all. That  obviously doesn't include the paint. job. I didn't ask about availability because we have a friend who is a metal fabricator who will form the skin for us - we'll then worry about painting it later. Hope this helps

Jim Nichols
Napa, CA
707-217-0903
oneguyinlabor@gmail.com

Richard And Babs Ames

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 01:50:43 PM »
Just about any repair point like http://www.creativecoach.com/ in Lakeland, FL or dealer with a good collision repair shop like http://www.lazydays.com can have the doors made by them or a fabricator like Jim stated. You would save a few bucks if you can go directly to the source instead of a middle man like the body repair point.

LEAH DRAPER

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 02:45:44 PM »
Would HIGHLY recommend to go to the Bend Beaver Service in Bend OR.  I had a similar need when I had a "tangle" with the steel poles protecting gas pumps.  They won!  Bend Service was able to rebuild/replace two doors and the under-lying metal frame, then repaint etc.  They did a fantastic job.  Their paint department does a super job.  Highly recommend them.

Leah
albqkid@earthlink.net