Author Topic: extra horns  (Read 5328 times)

Keith Oliver

extra horns
« on: September 23, 2012, 04:36:33 AM »
Our first trip in our new (to us) 98 Contessa was up the Pasadena freeway, where I tested my horns (in anger) and found them wanting.  Once home, this led to a visit to the nearby Western Star truck parts store for a pair of REAL truck horns.  Big improvement!  Turns out those are what the newer Beavers all come with.  Next step was to upgrade the wimpy horns on my boat to the old Beaver horns.  Well, the difference there was huge.  The original boat horns were powered by a little 12v compressor that blew two horns.  Connected to the Beaver horns, nothing happened.  So I connected the compressor to just one of the Beaver horns and it works just fine.  Now I will go to Princess Auto (or Harbour Freight) and get another of their small horn sets. these come with two little red plastic horns blown by the same 12v compressor that I already have on my boat.  I will use the compressor on the boat for the second Beaver horn, then I will put the two little red plastic horns on the Beaver, behind the front cap, down low where cars will know who is honking.

Now my question:  Does anyone know where I will find the air line that goes to the horns, so I can "T" off of it to the little red horns?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 11:18:34 PM by 14 »

Edward Buker

Re: extra horns
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 04:11:19 PM »
I believe that they may be located in the electrical bay below the driver seat.

Later Ed

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 07:59:06 PM »
Keith,
In the late nineties, the the air control valve and lines for the air horns was moved from the firewall (the area between the front cap and the dash) to the left front electrical bay. So there is a possibility that the horn control valve on your 98 Contessa could be in either location.

Gerald

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 08:24:37 PM »
Don't see any air lines in the elec bay of my 01 Contessa.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Larry Fritz

• BAC Member
  • 98 Patriot Ticonderoga - 37' Blue/White, 3126B CAT
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 12:52:48 AM »
On my 98 Patriot, they are located on the front firewall. Remove the door above the Onan and they are on the left side. Mine was built in June of 1998.

Larry
Larry Fritz

Keith Oliver

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 01:37:33 AM »
Just checked the electrical bay and found it airless.  When I am dressed for it I will climb in behind the cap and see what I can find.  I hope they are somewhere I can get to behind the cap.  There are places where only a midget that is very skinny can get in, and I confess to being larger than that.