Author Topic: Heating system on 2001 Marquis  (Read 3860 times)

Richard Cooper

Heating system on 2001 Marquis
« on: September 24, 2012, 04:00:30 AM »
This may seem an unnecessary question, but you must understand that I do not have an owners manual for this coach.  Was not provided when I bought it.

Here is what I've found out since I had to run the heat for the first time since owning this coach (bought April 2012).  I'm glad I have heat working, in fact.  

I've spotted 3 thermostats:

1)  Living room / kitchen area --- white digital wall thermostat located above and to left of sofa opposite wine cabinet display.  It operates whole house cold air conditioning basement system for summer use and seems to control heat as well.  I've located 3 each off/high/low fan switches (front near co-pilot chair; in fixed side table living room next to Euro chair/ottoman; and other switch at lower left side of refrigerator next to dining table.

Am I correct in assuming the white wall thermostat controls those 3 outlets (with fan switches noted above)?  Which of these 3 fan switches also feeds warm air to the basement?  Would the basement not get heat if none of these 3 fan switches are turned on?

2)  Bathroom sink area --- white manual small wall thermostat located above and to right of bath sink.  I've not yet used this thermostat.  Does it provide heat to the bath only and fan speed switch at baseboard area "off/low/high"?  Does it also feed any warm air to the basement?

3)  Bedroom area --- white manual small wall thermostat located left of window at foot of bed.  I've not yet used this thermostat.  Does it provide heat to the bedroom only and fan speed switch at foot of bed and below bed platform "off/low/high"?  Does it also feed any warm air to the basement?

Is all of this heat coming from the Aqua Hot system or does it come from the same source of cold air conditioning for summer use?

Edward Buker

Re: Heating system on 2001 Marquis
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 04:23:19 PM »
Richard,

I am not the best person to answer these questions seeing I do not have basement air but I will pass along what I think is going on and someone who has the system and can make any coreections. The three thermostats control the local heating in their environments given that you have three zones of heat being fed from the Aqua Hot for the living area. The fan switches control the local flow of heat out of a local finned radiator unit that is fed by the Aqua Hot for the specific zone. I typically leave the fans set on high for efficient distribution of heat. The basement has its own fixed thermostat usually set to about 55 degrees and does not need any input from the main zones. It just needs a heat source activated in the Aqua Hot to work. So you are correct in that the thermostat in the bedroom controls the beroom heat as does the other thermostats contol the other zones.

For my case I have two roof airs and just two thermostats. The bedroom thermostat controls both heating and cooling in the bedroom and bath. It has a zone mode and a remote temperature sensor in the bathroom which allows the cooling and heating values for both zones to be set. The living room thermostat controls both the heating and cooling in that area of the coach. This system is possible given the two roof airs. The air ducting is coupled but the rear zone unit emphasis is in the rear and the front unit emphasis is to the front duct outlets. My guess is that your basement air feeds the whole coach and the living area thermostat sets the coach temperature. It is also possible that a damper system or multiple blowers feed areas of the coach by thermostat region. I do not know what the Beaver folks did in that regard and someone who owns that system can comment.

Regards Ed
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 05:02:14 AM by 910 »

Richard Cooper

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 04:30:51 PM »
That's a good enough answer for my needs.  My biggest concern was if there was another thermostat somewhere that controlled the basement.  

Does only heat go to the basement or also cold air conditioning too (summer)?

Edward Buker

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 07:01:07 PM »
Just heat.

Later Ed