Author Topic: King Dome Satellite disk  (Read 4685 times)

David Walker

King Dome Satellite disk
« on: September 28, 2012, 02:21:42 AM »
I just brought my RV, and first time trying to figure out what receiver I need to use with my Satellite.  I have a King Dome Satellite dish, and would like to buy a receiver that I can watch three TVs.  Do I have to buy a receiver for each TV, or is there one that can be used for multiples TVs?

We are getting ready to go south for the winter.

Thanks ln advance, David
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 08:22:54 PM by 14 »

John Hennessey

• BAC Member
Re: King Dome Satellite disk
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 11:22:04 AM »
My King Dome in our 5th wheel (installed in 2008) needed receivers in each room
John & Linda Hennessey
2023-Thor Omni Class C
2011-2023 - 2003 Marquis

John Hennessey

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 11:23:04 AM »
Sorry pushed the wrong key, I meant 2008
John & Linda Hennessey
2023-Thor Omni Class C
2011-2023 - 2003 Marquis

Richard And Babs Ames

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 01:54:02 PM »
The King Done Satellite Receiver probably only works with specific satellite receivers and will require a seperate receiver for each TV. It is also not HD caplable.

Joel Weiss

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 03:30:44 PM »
The first thing you need to do is determine if your system is setup for DirecTV or Dish.  Call King Dome and give them the model number.  They can tell you what you are currently set for and probably can help you change it if you prefer the other network.  Your King Dome cannot receive HD on DirecTV but it may be capable of being programmed for HD on Dish.  

No dome system can receive DirecTV HD, but domes can be used for Dish HD.  However, a limitation of all dome systems is that they can only receive from one satellite at a time and, therefore, are of limited use with DVRs if you wish to record one channel while watching another since they can't do that unless both channels happen to be on the same satellite.

Having owned a King Dome vintage 2005 I can say I was never impressed with its performance.  Don't get discouraged by satellite TV if it doesn't work as well as you hoped.  My suggestion is use it on your trip; you can always supplement it with one of the "carry-out" systems which work quite well or you eventually can replace it by a rooftop unit.  Just start out with the network you prefer, you can always change receivers and/or upgrade to HD at a later date.

David Walker

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 07:51:31 PM »
Thanks for the info, my living RM TV works fine with HDTV, but I wanted to make sure I would need another receiver for the Bedroom.

Thanks, Ute & David
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 08:26:06 PM by 14 »

Joel Weiss

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 08:26:46 PM »
Since you say you are getting HDTV then I assume you must be using Dish Network.  I assume you realize that the receiver in the bedroom will only be able to receive channels from the satellite the antenna is pointing at.  It can get channels other than the one being watched in the living room, but only if they are on the same satellite.  Since 3 satellites are required to receive all the HDTV channels this will mean that some of the time you won't be able to watch a specific channel in the bedroom because of whatever is being watched in the living room.