Author Topic: House Heater  (Read 3441 times)

Ron Langdon

House Heater
« on: October 03, 2012, 12:48:07 AM »
Last night we needed the heater and it worked----in most zones. There was heat coming from the ducts but the fan was not blowing it in the kitchen. We have a 2008 Patriot Thunder and the Zone 1 heater covers the kitchen and living area. First assumption is that the fan, if there is a separate fan for the kitchen, is not working. If that is the case,  might it be a fuse? Bad connection? Other? Fans in other zones are blowing hot air as they should.  Any thoughts?

Bernie Vujicic

Re: House Heater
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 01:24:27 AM »
Hi Ron,

First question would be is your Hi/Lo switch on the keypad between the kitchen cabinets working.

Dennis Mecklenburg

Re: House Heater
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 01:44:43 AM »
Bernie,
Even though my coach is a 2003 Monterey I had a similar problem. After testing power and numerous other tests to determine what the problem was I found that the kitchen heater has an internal thermistor switch which is glued !!!!!!! to the heater core and is supposed to delay the fan start up until the heater core is up to a certain temperature (supposedly to reduce the fan noise also, I guess, but the delay is only for a short period, so I question that also). What happens is that the glue holding the thermistor switch to the heater core lets go and the switch dangles in free air and will never come up to temperature thus the fan will not run. I called the heater manufacturer and they advised me to just remove the thermistor and jumper the wires. The other heaters in the system do not have this thermistor switch just the one under the kitchen cabinets. Good luck with yours and hope this helps !!!!
Dennis M