Author Topic: fan speed  (Read 3185 times)

Michael Marcocchio

fan speed
« on: October 03, 2012, 09:02:08 AM »
Hello, I have a question I have a 2005 Beaver Patroit Thunder C13 cat.  I was wondering how fast should the fan run when first starting up cold.  Mine runs full bore.  My way of thinking, it should be just turning slowly and as the engine warms up the fan speed should increase as the engine temp raises. The engine maintains a 180 temp running, so no problem there.  It just causes a huge dust bowl at idle when cold and very loud.  Is this normal for the fan to run full bore when cold and at idle?  I read a forum where the lines were mixed up on a unit (not a Beaver) making the fan run fast all the time. Before I bought this Beaver, they had the radiator redone, as it was leaking.

Thank you for your input.

Michael Marcocchio.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 09:41:13 PM by 14 »

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
Re: fan speed
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 05:30:07 PM »
Hi Michael, I have the 06 thunder with the C13 we only hear the fan going hard after we pull off a freeway run, on start up its pretty quite
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Tom and Pam Brown

Re: fan speed
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 09:46:28 PM »
I know this will sound odd......mine was doing the same thing I got my hammer and whacked the valve lightly that feeds the fluid and it worked.  Now it works properly.  Just For what it's worth.