Author Topic: Front door latch pin(s)  (Read 3786 times)

Jeremy Parrett

Front door latch pin(s)
« on: October 29, 2012, 12:35:17 AM »
After watching a very nice Dynasty owner break a window to get into his coach today,I wanted to know why the locksmith was unable to open the door.
It turns out there are 2 latch pins that the door locks onto.  These pins are designed to float freely up and down a couple of inches. If they seize up, the door can be impossible to open.
  Checking my Marquis front door (single) latch pin, I found out it was  seized solid.  After much tapping and lubricating with Penetrol I finally freed it up.  My front door now shuts with a nice click and i do not have to slam it anymore.  Who knew eh ????
The following users thanked this post: Keith Moffett

Mel Griffin

Re: Front door latch pin(s)
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 06:51:21 PM »
Jeremy,

Where are these front door latch pins located ?

Miami Mel

Jeremy Parrett

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 09:05:56 PM »
Mel,
  this is the pin that the door latch locks onto to hold the door shut

Jeremy

Jeff Watt

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 11:37:28 PM »
Not the same thing, but I have an odd situation. When I  use the keyless entry, either via the keypad or the Fob, the entry door will lock, but it does not unlock.

There is power at the contacts (9-12v), when lock or unlock is called for. (The voltage range may be more of my inability to get a good reading holding the multimeter and the probes while standing on the step reaching for the contacts.) The bay doors lock/unlock.

I contacted trimarkcorp and the tech walked me through a couple of tests, but no solution.

Could it be a bad door switch? Why would it lock but not unlock - sticky?

Jeff