Author Topic: Exhaust pipe cover C9  (Read 4005 times)

Wayne Baumann

Exhaust pipe cover C9
« on: October 30, 2012, 01:58:05 AM »
I have a 2008 beaver with a C9 engine  The exhaust pipe that goes I belive that goes from the turbo to the muffler on the bottom side of the engine is covered with a mesh that looks like asbesto type of material.  This material is starting to come apart.  What is best to do with it.  Is it importmant  to have It and if what can it be replaced with.  Wayne

Bernie Vujicic

Re: Exhaust pipe cover C9
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 04:02:12 AM »
Hi Wayne,

The mesh covering is a safety feature, the crossover pipe generates a lot of heat. You need to disconnect the pipe at one end and slide it on the pipe. Monaco sells it by the foot. I still have the box mine came in if you need the part number. When I called Monaco they didn't know what I was talking about until I sent a picture. You could try Cat but I believe it's a mfg add on.

bv

Tim Westman

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 12:09:08 PM »
Wayne,

Mine started to do the same thing but I caught it early enough to secure with three stainless steel hose clamps.  I put these clamps on about a year ago and all is still well.  If yours is in similar shape, you may be able to get a few more years out of it.

Tim

Wayne Baumann

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 02:44:09 AM »
Thanks will look and see if the clamp will work, if not, I may need the part number.  Will let you know what will work.  Wayne
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 06:08:58 PM by 14 »