Author Topic: slide stopped working  (Read 5877 times)

John Harris

• BAC Member
slide stopped working
« on: November 01, 2012, 06:46:48 PM »
This morning when putting our slide in, it came in half way ans stopped. I have looked for the fuses or a breakers. Can't find any... Is there a manual override to get the slide in?
1999 Monterey  30 ft. Trinidad 3126b<br />Toad = 1999 Jeep Wrangler 2 door hardtop

Tom and Pam Brown

Re: slide stopped working
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 07:37:34 PM »
John,  look in the electric bay at the relays for the slide and make sure none of the wire spades have worked loose.

I had that issue myself before.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 09:02:46 PM »
John,
The easiest solution is to fix the problem. It will usually be a bad switch or connection. There is a way to bring the slide in manually, however it is messy and difficult. To manually retract your living room slide, you need to loosen the hydraulic lines to the slide cylinder, take a large wrench and rotate the equalizer shaft under the slide until it is fully in, and then tighten the hydraulic lines.

You may need to block the slide in the closed position because the pressure in the hydraulic cylinder is what keeps the slide closed as you drive. With no pressure in the hydraulic cylinder the slide will have a tendency to open slightly as you drive, however it should not open to much if you tighten both lines.

Gerald  

John Harris

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 12:31:24 AM »
Thanks for the ideas! The slide switch has an inline fuse in behind the switch. We had to replace that 5 amp fuse. I would have never found it without pulling out the small drawer and looking in that console.
1999 Monterey  30 ft. Trinidad 3126b<br />Toad = 1999 Jeep Wrangler 2 door hardtop

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 05:00:23 PM »
You may want to check slide operation for binding, lubrication, etc.  Something caused that fuse to blow, and it wouldn't take much for a 5 amp fuse.  Otherwise stock up on fuses.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Gerald Farris

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 03:38:22 AM »
The fuse only powers the control circuit for the slide and not the slide motor, so a binding slide can not cause the fuse to fail.

Gerald
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 05:03:57 AM by 14 »