Author Topic: Heater stopped working in bedroom  (Read 4046 times)

Phil Ayala

Heater stopped working in bedroom
« on: November 14, 2012, 12:40:17 PM »
The heater won't work in the bedroom of my Beaver Patriot 2004. However, its working fine in Zones 1 & 2. The thermostat appears to be working properly but the heating fan doesn't start when I activate the wall switch. Any trouble shooting ideas? I set the thermostat temperature high but no results.

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Heater stopped working in bedroom
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 04:24:15 PM »
Phil,
Check the electronic controller in the Aqua Hot bay. First thing I'd so is to push the reset button with a non-metal probe and see it that resolves the problem.  If not, verify that both circulation pumps are working, the zone indicators are illuminated and the low voltage cutoff is not red. Indicators for all these should be green. If any are red, you may have an electrical overload condition in that circuit. You may have 4 zones, Living Kitchen, Bathroom, Bedroom, and Tank bay.
There is a downloadable shop manual with a trouble shooting guide on the Aqua Hot web site also.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

John Fearnow

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 11:22:04 PM »
If the switch you are referring to is the High/Low speed rocker switch, you might check the back of the switch for broken wires or lose connections.  Mine is on the cabinet for the old bedroom TV and the wire connections had broken.  Now that the CRT TV is no longer in the cabinet, access is easier.

John Fearnow
2002 Pat-Thunder

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 08:39:43 AM »
When ours was a year or so old, one heat exchanger quit.  Fortunately it was readily accessed under a removable drawer, and I found a loose wire to the unit's fan.  Easy fix.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat