Author Topic: coach step  (Read 5256 times)

David Walker

coach step
« on: April 05, 2013, 03:41:57 PM »
Thanks to all
My Beaver 2008 step "SCS/FRIGETTE will not retract. I camped all winter with it out and when i was ready to leave to go north step did not move. If i hit the swith inside coach the lite comes on under step I check fuses not sure which on to check. I called the tech he did not know which fuse to check either he gave me the wrong one to check, any ideas

Dave & Ute leaving Palm springs. :)

Richard And Babs Ames

Re: coach step
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 07:14:36 PM »
You might try cleaning the pivot points with wd 40 and then lube with a non greasy lubricant like Quickie step lube. Get close to the step to see if you can hear the step motor activate when you turn on the step switch and shut the door.

David Walker

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 07:46:02 PM »
When I close  the door I hear a clicking sound which I am asumming that the motor is switching on. i see the light coming on underneath the step but the step itself is not moving. the motor is not trying to pull it in.

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 04:12:48 AM »
Dave,
Pull the cover off the step motor and mechanism and verify that you don't have any bad connections/broken wires. I had a similar problem a few years ago and found a bad connection, but can't remember the exact location. With light coming on, you know you are getting power/gnd to the unit.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Gerald Farris

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 04:24:49 AM »
David,
First, you need to determine if the step motor is activating, and it is not able to retract the step because the step linkage is binding. The step linkage can bind from rust, corrosion, or misalignment. Misalignment is usually caused by bent linkage. If the motor is not activating, you need to determine if it is being supplied 12V power at the proper time. If the motor has 12V and it does not run with the linkage disconnected, you need a new motor. However if the motor is not receiving 12V, you need to troubleshoot the control circuit.

Gerald