Author Topic: Water Pump  (Read 3672 times)

Jim Bentley

• BAC Member
Water Pump
« on: January 20, 2013, 08:09:40 PM »
Hi: I been through three Aquajet water pumps on my 2003 Marquis. Has anyone tried something different with good results. Jim ;D

Bill Sprague

Re: Water Pump
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 09:32:56 PM »
I got 8 years out of my first Shurflo.  I replaced it this year.  The box says it is a Shurflo Revolution 4008.

Bill Jourdain

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 09:35:38 PM »
Last month I replaced my original Shurflo (2002 model) with a new Shurflo and have been very pleased so far.  The old pump lasted ten years, so no complaints there.

Jim Bentley

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 03:18:08 PM »
Thanks so much I'm on my way to Camping world they have one in stock. Jim

Gerald Farris

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 04:16:06 PM »
Jim,
Fresh water pumps have so many different design characteristics that you need to determine what you want in a pump before buying one. The AquaJet pump in your coach is designed to deliver up to 5.3 GPM (gallons per minute) at pressures up to 85 PSI. It is a variable speed pump that is designed to resemble home water pressure characteristics. Variable speed pumps are much more complex than the traditional RV water pump and therefore they have a higher failure rate in all brands, even ShurFlo.

The ShurFlo Revolution that a lot of RVs are changing to has and internal by-pass to reduce the pulsations that are common in most RV water pumps except the variable speed models. However the Revolution model ShurFlo pump is rated at 3.0 GPM maximum at 55 PSI, so you will be trading performance for a lower cost and probably a longer life. Decide what is most important for you, and purchase the pump that fits your needs. One word of caution, the ShurFlo variable speed pump is larger than your current pump, so make sure that you have adequate room for mounting before purchasing that model.

Gerald