Author Topic: RV Towing Insurance  (Read 6782 times)

Phil Ayala

RV Towing Insurance
« on: February 04, 2013, 04:21:02 AM »
I'm about to make a decision for RV Towing and Roadside assistance insurance. I'm leaning toward Good Sam. Any other recommendations?

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: RV Towing Insurance
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 09:43:23 AM »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Robert Mathis

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 01:03:11 PM »
This is one of those Cat vs Cummins issues. Some people have good luck with each company and some are dis-satisfed. I have been with Good Sam since I bought the Beaver, and have called them three times: once for a flat tire, once for a tow, when we blew the engine, and once for a blowout on the trailer. They weren't much help on the blowout on the trailer, but were excellent on the issues with the coach. I shudder to think what the tow cost when we blew the engine. we were 50 miles South of Fairbanks, Alaska and there is only one wrecker in the aarea that could tow us.

Glenn Perkins

• BAC Member
  • 99 Marquis
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 05:45:18 PM »
We had Good Sam years ago but after a couple instances in Upstate NY and elsewhere where we were unable to get anyone through Good Sam with the capability to handle towing our 96 Safari Ivory.  Since then, we have been with Coach-Net and NEVER been in a situation where they were unable to help ... neither with our Country Coach nor the Marquis.  In fact, the Marquis has been on a slide truck twice ... I would emphatically recommend Coach Net over Good Sam.  Just my 2 cents.

Norm Green

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 07:09:42 PM »
We have had Coach-Net with our last two Beavers.  When we found ourselves in trouble near Butte MT a couple of weeks ago, Coach Net was very responsive.  Not only did they arrange for the tow, I had several calls from thier tech support both the day of the tow and the following day to make things were being taken care of.  I was very pleased.
Norm & Cynthia Green
Franklin, TN
2018 Entegra Cornerstone 45W
Previous, four different Beaver coaches

Dick Simonis

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 08:30:18 PM »
We went from AAA to Coachnet using the FMCA discount and the savings pays for the FMCA membership.  I've only used them for the toad but they were very responsive and followed up well.

MarcRodstein

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 10:32:01 PM »
Another vote for CoachNet. They have been outstanding on the occasions when I have needed them.