Author Topic: Air Leak  (Read 3124 times)

Dennis Crawford

Air Leak
« on: February 10, 2013, 10:10:32 PM »
Well, folks after spending part of $1200 (lot of other work) and another $500 I have solved some of my air leak problems.  The air no longer leaks down overnight.

But it is still leaking down and my left front really lowers.  What is the acceptable standard for air leak down?

Thanks,

Dennis

Loren Harris

Re: Air Leak
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 04:04:41 PM »
Quote from: Dennis Crawford
Well, folks after spending part of $1200 (lot of other work) and another $500 I have solved some of my air leak problems.  The air no longer leaks down overnight.

But it is still leaking down and my left front really lowers.  What is the acceptable standard for air leak down?

Thanks,

Dennis

I have a 2001 Patriot Thunder with the same problem. I have been having a hard time tracking the problem down. I know that mostly all the airline connections leak where they go into the airbag. Now I am removing the airbags one by one to find the problem. Loren Harris.

Loren Harris

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 04:14:11 PM »
Hi, it's Loren Harris again from the last email I sent you about the air leak. The airlines as I say are probably the most common problem where the line goes into the fitting on top of the airbag unless you have a bad airbag like I suspect I do. You can take some soapy water and brush it on the line to see if it leaks. They are a bit tough to get to but possible to do so. Saves money by taking it to a mechanic if you can do it by yourself. My RV used to stay up good for a week before barely going down but now needs attention. You should not have to see it going down everyday.

Dennis Crawford

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 11:12:48 AM »
We found a leak from the top of the air compressor. Cat was very helpful. Hope this fixes my leak.