Author Topic: 2003 Marquis Bose system  (Read 11523 times)

Dave Cunningham

Re: 2003 Marquis Bose system
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2013, 03:36:18 PM »
Thanks guys, I keep hearing about these tone generators, sounds like it's time I invested in one, for now I have been muddling my way through just by trying every cable for signal , managed to trace a couple of runs, but for the life of me can't find the feed from outside, unless it does not terminate in the compartment above the driver, I had to bypass it with a new cable run through the window. Possibly a problem with the cord reel outside.

Edward Buker

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2013, 12:24:30 AM »
Bypass the cord reel by all means. The feed from the outside panel that you connect to cable in a campground goes directly to the amp and switch that comes from the terrestrial antenna. When you turn that off it swiches over to the cable connection. That box is near where you turn on the power to the rooftop antenna amp. There is usually a small switch and some kind of indicator light.

Later Ed
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 04:13:32 AM by 910 »

Dave Cunningham

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2013, 03:18:47 PM »
Thanks Ed, I did not know that, and that being said, I may have had the antenna booster switched on while I was searching for the cable feed.

Katie Peterson

• BAC Member
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2013, 01:10:47 AM »
I to have a camiblized bose system.  One day I am going to take on this challage.  I have a 15 year old Life style 12 system at home that I have talked to bose about.  Bose will convert my home system to digital for about $600.00.  I would love to know how you sort out goes.  I have the amp above the door area and two bose speakers in the rear.  The three cubes in the fount are missing as well as the base unit.  The system must be operated by a remote throught a dvd player?  

Tim

Tim & Katie Peterson