Author Topic: Before During After - Our '98 Contessa  (Read 16390 times)

Bryan Quinn

Before During After - Our '98 Contessa
« on: February 13, 2013, 12:05:09 PM »
This is our 1998 Beaver Contessa, before/during/after of the interior rennovation.  New flooring, wall paper, wall paneling, blinds/valances, upholstery, and the list goes on.....
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 01:16:02 AM by 5 »

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
Re: Before During After - Our '98 Contessa
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 02:39:50 PM »
Great Job!!! it must feel like a new coach it sure looks like it.
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Keith Duner

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 03:41:30 PM »
Outstanding!  That looks just great, you have every reason to be proud.  Congratulations.

barbhalsell

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 11:15:14 PM »
Oooooh NICE!

Dwight Wilson

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 01:34:01 AM »
Wow, Having been there "done that" with an old 77 GMC FWD motorhome, a 72 Airstream, and a 98 Rexhall,  I am very familiar with the amount of work it takes and the anxiety experienced making the decisions. Your coach looks very modern and reflects Beaver's quality workmanship.
Great job!
Dwight Wilson
Calgary, Alberta
05 Patriot Thunder C13 Cat

Bryan Quinn

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 10:30:25 AM »
Thank you all for your comments!  

Wayne Tull

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 06:55:08 PM »
While examining every detail we could see of your great looking remodeling project and thinking about what something like that would do for own.  We also went looking for pictures of a 1974 Starcraft StarCruiser 24' Motor home.  I don't believe I've seen one of those before, very unusual look on the outside.

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 02:55:23 AM »
I think you are really going to like that tile all the way through, Bryan.  Glad our rig has at least part tile and wish it went all the way to the front.  Carpet may seem warmer, but is higher maintenance and wears too much.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 03:49:59 AM »
With the tile you need to make sure your shoes are dry when entering.  We are trying to get into the habit of leaving our street shoes at the door and wearing slippers when in the coach.  There are two advantages - the slippers are 1> always dry and 2> always clean.  Last Fall I entered the coach carrying a heavy a box.  Yes, it was lightly raining outside and my shoes' soles were wet.  On my 2nd step on the kitchen tile my wet right shoe didn't hold and I went down hard.  I thought I had shattered my left patella.  After sitting for awhile and massaging it I knew I had dodged a bullet.  I didn't screw up my golf game... thank goodness!  Oh... and I didn't drop the box.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Keith Oliver

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 03:39:45 AM »
Bryan:

Did you save any of the original hardwood?  My Contessa is the same interior colours as yours was, so I would be interested if you have any.

Bryan Quinn

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2013, 08:30:35 AM »
Quote from: Keith Oliver
Bryan:

Did you save any of the original hardwood?  My Contessa is the same interior colours as yours was, so I would be interested if you have any.

I do not have any if the wood flooring you ask about, as I did not remove it from our rig; I tiled right over it. It was all solid and strong, but cosmetically spent.

Keith Oliver

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2013, 03:16:45 PM »
Thanks Bryan.  My hardwood was cosmetically challenged when we bought, 2 years ago.  First job I tackled, I sanded out all the biggest flaws and lightly sanded the rest, stained back to match, and 4 coats of Varathane for floors.  Still looks like new.  I got rid of all of the carpet, for a good lookng laminate, but I would sacrifice all that work to have the same hardwood throughout the main cabin.  I'll keep looking.
I am also redoing my window coverings and valances.  Janet wants to keep the present fabric across the top, which is identical to the valence fabric you have removed.  I need to build one more valence, for above the door, and am wondering if you saved any of the old valence fabric?  My present plan is to match the Alder and make the valences look like part of the cabinetry, but if I had the matching fabric......hmmm.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 03:37:11 PM by 6430 »

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2013, 03:18:02 PM »
Nice job it looks great!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 03:19:05 PM by 1651 »
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Bryan Quinn

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2013, 07:50:15 PM »
Quote from: Keith Oliver
Thanks Bryan.  My hardwood was cosmetically challenged when we bought, 2 years ago.  First job I tackled, I sanded out all the biggest flaws and lightly sanded the rest, stained back to match, and 4 coats of Varathane for floors.  Still looks like new.  I got rid of all of the carpet, for a good lookng laminate, but I would sacrifice all that work to have the same hardwood throughout the main cabin  I'll keep looking.
I am also redoing my window coverings and valances.  Janet wants to keep the present fabric across the top, which is identical to the valence fabric you have removed.  I need to build one more valence, for above the door, and am wondering if you saved any of the old valence fabric?  My present plan is to match the Alder and make the valences look like part of the cabinetry, but if I had the matching fabric......hmmm.

Sorry again Keith. I got rid of all the old valances & J-couch at a local auction house. I'd never have thought that someone here would have a use for them.  :(

Keith Oliver

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2013, 02:31:54 AM »
Thanks Bryan.  I will build something out of wood, and if it turns out all right, I'll do them all.