Author Topic: 2003 Marquis Sapphire , Bose system  (Read 5497 times)

Dave Cunningham

2003 Marquis Sapphire , Bose system
« on: February 20, 2013, 03:33:12 AM »
Still working on my two bose sound systems, the front is a lifestyle 50 and the bedroom is a bose 3-2-1
In the front system, I have all the speakers including the Acoustimass modular and all the wiring.  I am just wondering if any of you with a similar coach know where the multi-room distribution module is located.  Is it in the first upper cupboard behind the passenger seat?  If so, mine is missing.  I am just wondering if it is hiding somewhere.
If anyone has one of these that they are not using anymore, I would gladly purchase it.  I also need the remote control, and for the 3-2-1 system, I need everything except for the two speakers.
Another question I have, is there is a small optical eye or sensor mounted in the drop down TV cabinet, facing the rear of the coach?  I have seen it in pictures of other units, so I know it came from the factory.  No idea what it could be.  It has three wires coming off the back.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Dave
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 05:36:53 AM by 14 »

John Hennessey

• BAC Member
Re: 2003 Marquis Sapphire , Bose system
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 04:04:04 AM »
It is located in the  right cabinet above the sofa on the passenger side. You have to take the fabric panel at the back of the cabinet off
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 05:30:22 AM by 14 »
John & Linda Hennessey
2023-Thor Omni Class C
2011-2023 - 2003 Marquis

Edward Buker

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 05:04:34 AM »
That "electric eye" is an infrared repeater. Wherever your components like a DVR or a Sat Receiver were located, they had infrared emitters that were fed from your hand held remotes triggering that eye, so that the whole system would work with cabinet doors shut. These components were typically housed inside out of site.
Later Ed
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 05:32:03 AM by 14 »

Dave Cunningham

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 02:53:51 PM »
I was wondering if that's what it might be, hopefully I can get it to work.
David you say that the multi room controller is behind a panel up there, and I think you mentioned this once already, but there is definitely no removable panel in the back of that cupboard on mine (unless you mean removable with a saws all) and I find that really strange, as I believe you have the identical coach to mine.  Oh well, I will have another look for it before I order one off eBay .
I'm not sure who gave me the contact info for Bose, but I called them yesterday and I can't remember the last time I talked to someone so helpfully in a customer service department, even though none of the components I need are available anymore.

Thanks guys
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 06:58:40 PM by 14 »

John Hennessey

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 09:54:22 PM »
The panel is behind the cabinet to the left of the sink on the passenger side above the sofa right above the window
John & Linda Hennessey
2023-Thor Omni Class C
2011-2023 - 2003 Marquis

Dave Cunningham

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 11:37:28 PM »
Checked that cupboard again, and realized that there is a friction fit removable panel back there, pulled it out and it is very shallow, and you can tell there has never been anything in there. Found a pile more wires that had been buried under the bottom filler of the cupboard to the left , coax cables rca's, mini audio jacks , s- videos , with no wiring diagram , I am really wishing I had dealt with this when I was at Beaver coach sales. It may be time for another road trip real soon.

John Hennessey

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 12:26:11 AM »
Let me see if I still have the complete diagrams for the entire system. I'll get back to you when I find it
John & Linda Hennessey
2023-Thor Omni Class C
2011-2023 - 2003 Marquis

Dave Cunningham

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 12:45:18 AM »
Thanks John, I would really appreciate that