Author Topic: BLACK TANK RINSER  (Read 2962 times)

LEAH DRAPER

BLACK TANK RINSER
« on: February 20, 2013, 03:26:18 PM »
Does anyone know for sure whether the rinser mechanism in our tanks has a rotating head at the top of the tank rather than just a stationary position?  ( I am assuming it is located in the top of the tank).

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: BLACK TANK RINSER
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 04:53:16 PM »
Hi Leah - I happened to see the paperwork in my file regarding the holding tank flushing system built into my coach.  Yesterday I dumped my holding tanks and flushed the tank, and remembered you had asked a question about the jets.

Here's what I know about the system on my coach, and obviously more than your question asks:

Manufacturer: Location: Swan Industries, Inc., 633 NE 1st St,  Bend, OR  97701       Mailing address: PO Box 7018      541-389-4668       http://www.rvproductsnow.com/

From the paperwork I have, and from the website, it appears the jet heads do not rotate.  It appears in the website there are various jet heads available which would direct the flushing spray to fit the jet placement and tank shape.  When I flushed my black tank yesterday, the sound did not emit a whirring noise like a spinning head would make.  The paperwork's picture shows the jets placed on the tank's sides.  In my coach they are placed on the tank's top.  Swan makes two systems - one with one jet, I assume for small tanks, and another with two jets, I assume for larger tanks.  My black tank is 58 gallons and is shaped like a long, rectangular cube situated across the width of the coach just behind the outside water closet door.  My coach has two jets placed on top and near the ends of the black tank.  On the water closet wall below the several on-off valves there is a regular garden-hose attachment.

I noticed in my paperwork that winterization of the flushing system is recommended.  I didn't do that simply because I completely overlooked it.  Next year I may winterize it, but I hope to be in Arizona most of the Winter... so no problem, eh?  Swan also manufactures a winterization system for motorhomes, flushing systems, residential homes, etc.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!