Author Topic: Telescoping Ladder  (Read 16846 times)

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
Re: Telescoping Ladder
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2013, 10:14:22 PM »
We have this ladder. It fits in the slide out tray that is a pass through. Below is a link to their website, and a YouTube video of an independent review. I can get on top of the coach with this ladder, however, I don't ever WANT to. I'm very uncomfortable walking around up there.

Stan

http://www.littlegiantxtreme.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGSkfrFrzOY
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2013, 10:58:46 PM »
I have the 6 ft. version of the 5 footer you like, Richard.  But I wish mine were the 7 footer.  Though certainly helpful, you won't be able to reach as high as you'd often like with the 5 footer.  And you won't be able to get to the roof with any of this style.  Stan's ladder is heavier and won't fold as compactly, but may be short enough for your bay, and will fold out to an ultimate size that may give roof access;  I have a 6 foot version of the Little Giant I use at home, but it is relatively heavy and a whole different animal than what you've been considering.  I've often wished I had at home the 5 ft. Little Giant instead (like Stan's) since it is less heavy and cumbersome than my 6 footer.

Are you sure you couldn't fit a 6 or 7 ft. slim-fold diagonally across your bay?  Hang it from hooks or loops from the bay ceiling diagonally or something?  Mine didn't fit in my bay straight-on either, but I made it work along a sidewall.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Mike Humble

• BAC Member
  • BAC Past President 2014-2018
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2013, 05:48:54 AM »
I store our 6' inside a plastic fence post nest to the pass through slide.
Mike
2008 Marquis 45' Cat C-15 600hp

Mike and Cathy Cleghorn

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2013, 07:57:38 PM »
Mike, for the motorhome, I have and love the stability/safety of the Little Giant MegaLite Multi-purpose Ladder with Wheels, that Costco sells for about $180. It is slightly narrower at the base, and weighs several pounds less than the standard Model 17 Little Giant ($230) - that I have at home. Most Costco stores I've seen stock them, or you can buy online. Check out the Costco link: http://www.costco.com/Little-Giant®-MegaLite™-Multi-purpose-Ladder-with-Wheels.product.11681334.html

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2013, 01:10:00 AM »
I just returned home from CostCo.  There was a fellow there showing off the Little Giant brand of ladders, and he was selling them on a special deal.  The ladders he was showing were the M17 Xtreme and M22 Xtreme.  I purchased the M22 Xtreme.  It has an extension height of 11' to 19', stepladder A-frame height of 5' to 9', storage length of 5' 7", weighs 40 pounds, and has wheels.  We also got the leg leveler, airdeck, ladder rack, fuel tank, wingspan, and variable length 6' to 9' plank.  The total cost was $520 and the shipping is included in that cost.  Delivery is 2 to 3 weeks by FedEx.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2013, 03:08:28 AM »
I hope the wings nowadays are designed better and work easier than setting them up on my older Little Giant;  they are no piece of cake to add and remove from the ladder.  Once installed they are great for working on home walls or roof, but are an aggravating pain to mount and remove.   The ladder is no lightweight... the wheels option is a darned good choice.  The leveler option works easy enough, but adds to the weight and bulk of the ladder.  One option I use regularly is the work platform.  I wouldn't carry the Little Giant on the coach, due to the amount of bay space it would tie up.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Richard Cooper

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2013, 05:12:35 AM »
Today I ordered the 6 ft GP Logistics ladder that folds inward to a cube.  Price was $130 delivered 2 days.