Author Topic: Trailer Brake controller Wiring? on 2000 Patriot  (Read 6777 times)

William Brosam

Trailer Brake controller Wiring? on 2000 Patriot
« on: March 29, 2013, 05:32:19 PM »
Anyone know if they prewired these coaches for trailer brakes?  I haven't had the chance to dig through the manual yet.

I'm still kinda leaning towards the Wireless trailer brake controller, as I can move it from coach to pickup with ease, but open to opinions.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 07:53:31 PM by 14 »

Dave Cunningham

Re: Trailer Brake controller Wiring? on 2000 Patriot
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 12:41:15 AM »
William, if you do ever need to run any wiring to the back, as I did on my 2000 marquis, to run the brake controller, Beaver ran three spare wires from the front electrical bay to the rear of the coach, let me know how the wireless controller works out, as I need one for my 03

Dave

Keith Oliver

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 01:49:45 AM »
dave:

How do you identify the spare wires?  I found a wire labelled 12v, and obviously a spare, in the basement, just ahead of the rear bulkhead.  I used that one to get a 12v outlet in the basement.  For the brake controller, I had the seller install it, but his tech just ran a new wire all the way, threaded thru stuff underneath, and in places not in sensible places, so I have had to move parts of it.  I would far rather redo it to a spare, if only I could find one.

LarryNCarolynShirk

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 05:04:11 AM »
The spare wires are labeled "spare" about every 6 inches along the white wire.  They usually have a blue crimp connector on the end.

Larry

Dave Cunningham

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 10:46:17 AM »
Kieth,

I had a post on that last year, describing where to find them, as Larry mentioned they are marked " spare" every three inches, in the electrical bay they are bundled up in the center of all the other white wires that go to the circuit breakers, and at the back they are inside the black wiring loom, just before it splits apart for the tail lights ect. You have to cut it open and do a little digging around back there to find them.