Author Topic: Onan & Aqua Hot  (Read 3270 times)

David Fischer

Onan & Aqua Hot
« on: April 24, 2013, 01:45:25 AM »
I have a 1997 Marquis with the one slide out which has the 7.5 Onan under the couch so to speak and I believe it needs some work on it,  Has anyone had any experience with someone working on the generator while in its present position or did they have to take it out which would require some real work?
The other question is I am having some problems with my Wabasto burner and fear it may be the control box which are quite expensive.  I recall someone on the forum a long time ago getting one somewhere at a reasonable price. Help.

David and Sharon

Gerald Farris

Re: Onan & Aqua Hot
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 03:34:31 AM »
David,
Removal of your generator is not necessary for most repairs, however it is necessary for some repairs. Some Onan repair facilities will remove the generator for most repairs because they are set-up to do bench repairs instead of repairs in a restricted area like the mounting location that the generator is in. Repair facilities that commonly remove generators for repair are equipped to make removal as simple as possible with the use of forklifts and other equipment.

Gerald

Richard And Babs Ames

Re: Onan & Aqua Hot
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 01:33:27 PM »
We had to replace the inverter in our 7.5 Onan on a slide out tray in the front of the coach. The Cummins Onan Dealer in Ft Myers did not remove it as the way it wa installed did not make it "easy". (fewer labor hours) to R and R the generator than to fix in place.