Author Topic: Took off with Jack down!!  (Read 4153 times)

Randy Perry

Took off with Jack down!!
« on: March 06, 2010, 05:49:48 PM »
 As I was performing some repairs on the right rear side of my coach and had it (the right side) on 4 x 4 blocks (to gain more room while crawling under it) I also had lowered the left rear jack (not sure why, but I did) Once done with the repairs, I jumped in to pull it off the blocks and without thinking  :-/ put it in gear and pulled forward. Within a few short seconds, I realized I didn't raise the LR jack ??) Yes, the alarm was going off, but remember earlier statement, I wasn't thinking!! So as I was walking to the back of the coach, fingers crossed, the jack didn't look like it did just a short time earlier :B The steel frame bracket where the top of my air bag and jack mounts   to, seems to be twisted backwards! This dosen't look like an easy fix. So I was wondering if I'm the only idiot that's pulled off this trick?

"Jacked up in So. Cal."

LarryNCarolynShirk

Re: Took off with Jack down!!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 06:12:00 PM »
You are not the only idiot.  When I moved the coach the front jack bent, and would not retract.  It required removing the jack to move the coach.  The bracket did not bend but the jack needed to be replaced.  If your jack still works, repairing the bracket will probably be less expensive than replacing the jack.  If the jack does not work, your problem is more expensive with 2 problems to fix.

Larry