Author Topic: Loose belt-line lower quarterpanels  (Read 3599 times)

Hurshel Haley

Loose belt-line lower quarterpanels
« on: April 30, 2013, 03:02:15 AM »
Anyone having knowledge of how to repair driver side lower panels from water station to rear of coach. The approx. 3inch belt above the access doors are coming loose letting the panel including radiator grill move away fron the coach. The belt I am talking about is a band of aluminun approx. 22ft. long.  Sorry for not knowing the correct terminology. The 2001 Beaver Marquis is New to us. Janice and Hurshel.. Any help would be appreciated..

Harvey Ziegler

• BAC Member
Re: Loose belt-line lower quarterpanels
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 05:57:58 PM »
Janice and Hurshel
There is no easy way to tighten up this trip piece. I do not know if your SMC built coach is the same as my Monaco built Monterey. On Mine the trip is made up of 2 different pieces. The first piece is screwed to the coach walls (floor) and tis is what the basement doors are hinged from. These are the screws that are probably pulling out and have loosed up. The unfortunate part is that the second piece is glued to the first piece and cannot be removed without destroying it. This is the piece of trim that you can see. I talked to the folks at Beaver Coach Sales in Bend and this is what they told me.

I remove the 2 small pop rivets that hold a small piece of trim onto the end of the larger beltline trim and install a couple of screws into the metal fram behind and it tighten up the end of the trim but mine was only loose the first 3 to 4 feet directly behind the front slide.

Harvey & Marilyn Ziegler
2004 Monterey  Newport
350 HP Cummins ISC
2010 Jeep Wrangler

Hurshel Haley

Re: Loose belt-line lower quarterpanels
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 09:02:17 PM »
Thanks Harvey and others. We have an appointment with  Tom @ Advantage RV in Bend this Wedensday, Tom suggested drilling 3/8in. holes in the beltline and then installing stainless swrews into frame rail. Then install plastic plugs into holes and then painting over plugs on panel.. He says like Harvey, that you would never save the belt-line material, and may not be able to replace it timely. Thanks for all the good info on this forum, to us it has been like money-in-the-bank.. Hurshel and Janice Wana-be Full Timers..