Author Topic: Aqua hot - not so hot  (Read 15858 times)

John Padmore

Aqua hot - not so hot
« on: May 11, 2013, 10:27:14 PM »
Started the aqua hot system today on out '97 Patriot. System stated and ran fine but a couple of problems/questions. The heat barely blows out of the registers, one is inoperative. The one under the bathroon sink has no power but gets hot. Is there a way to service this unit, or does it need to be replaced? Will this system keep us warm in the Colorado winter at altitude or will we need a supplemental system to keep from freezing to death? After running for 2 hours set at 90 degrees it raised the interior temperature 2 degrees!

Also, the hot water never stays hot. After running said aqua hot for a couple of hours (both generator running and plugged in) the water gets hot for a moment then immediately turns cold. Can't seem to get the air out of the system also. Everytime I turn on the hot water faucet the water is warm, then air comes out, then gets very cold. I have the grey water tank now 1/2 full trying to bleed out the air. Your thoughts are appreciated.....thanks.

John

Orman Claxton

Re: Aqua hot - not so hot
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 04:48:58 AM »
Hello John
Sounds like you are using the Electric only, The Electric element will not keep up. it is only a 1650Watt element.
Your unit will have to be ran on Dieseil to keep up, Must have at least 1/4 tank of fuel.
Might need someone to walk you through the operation.
Feel free to call me, my # is in the member center.
Thanks  
Orman

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 02:35:22 PM »
John,
Each of your register fans should have its on speed control switch, and it sounds like you do not have the fans at each register turned on, or they are on low speed.

Gerald  

John Padmore

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 08:07:32 PM »
Thre is a sticker on the burner control box that says aqua hot. There are no fan switches on the registers, only on the thermostat which is set to high. The outside faucets are completely off. I believe the aqua hot is running on diesel becaue of the exhaust coming out of the pipe. Orman, I will call tomorrow when I am by the coach.....thanks.

John

John Padmore

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 08:14:54 PM »
After troubleshooting my aqua hot system with Orman we have concluded that the mixing valve is inoperative and needs a rebuild kit. I have ordered one today. Now if I could find out why the fans in the individual heating registers only blow on one speed - low, I might have a chance at staying warm.....

Thanks again to Orman the Aqua Hot Guy for all of his help, a true gentleman! 8)

John

Steven Hoffman

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 04:33:59 AM »
John

Beaver did some cost cutting in the 97 time frame and you may not have the multi-speed heat exchangers.  The Aquahot cozy heat exchangers use a computer type muffin fans and are multi-speed.  The ones in my coach use a squirrel cage fan.  These are single speed fans.  The bedroom thermostat controls the bedroom and bathroom heat exchanger and the kitchen and dash are controlled by the "living room" thermostat.

There is a lot of heat loss in the front of our coaches.  The windshield of course and the entry stairway which on my coach is not insulated and tends to be an effective heat sink.

The older Aqua-hot systems used regular automotive antifreeze not the boiler type shown above.

Steve