Author Topic: Stereo Wiring Diagram - 04 Marquis  (Read 4804 times)

Rick Vyncke

• BAC Member
Stereo Wiring Diagram - 04 Marquis
« on: May 21, 2013, 10:04:58 PM »
Do wiring diagrams exist for the original stereo systems installed in '04 Marquis?  Bose Lifestyle and VCR in front.  Bose 3-2-1 and VCR in rear.  Bose speakers in outside bay.

The outside bay speakers do not seem to work no matter which wires I plug into.  Just wondering if anybody knows where the speaker wires from the outside bay go.  To the front stereo compartment?  The rear stereo compartment?  Somewhere else?

Also would be beneficial to know how front and rear systems were connected together as there are more sets of RCA cables than equipment to plug them into.
Rick V
2004 Beaver Marquis, Garnet (3 slides)
43'
C12

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Stereo Wiring Diagram - 04 Marquis
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 10:39:21 PM »
Rick,
Select Member Services and then Links on the BAC home page. You'll find a complete set of wiring diagrams for an 03 Marquis. Parts 1-2 cover the entertainment systems. I don't know for sure but would bet the wiring is pretty close if not identical.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

steve zannella

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 05:17:45 AM »
Rick

The basement speakers are controlled from the bose unit in the front cabinet. They are activated by selecting unit 2 on the bose unit with the 2nd remote controller. A couple of issues can interfere with the basement speakers one is how they are configured on the setup menu with the mode option and the second is a blown controller board in the left basement speaker. the signal sent to the basement speakers is preamped and the left speaker amplifies the signal to the the speakers I have replaced 2 controller boards. I eventually placed my own Stereo receiver in the basement and amplify the output directly to the bose speakers. This required modifying the controller and using just the speaker.

Rick Vyncke

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 12:11:37 AM »
Thanks for the feedback.  Seems that I have only one BOSE remote control which explains why I cannot control zone 2.  Any option other than an original  Bose remote control?  Anybody know the model number of the zone 2 remote control?

BTW... to test the outside speakers I connected them to ZONE 1 (Zone 1 was working) and still couldn't get anything out of the basement speakers.  Bad speakers too?  Hard to believe that no sound would come out of them even if blown.
Rick V
2004 Beaver Marquis, Garnet (3 slides)
43'
C12

Karl Welhart

• BAC Member
Karl and Nancy Welhart, F36017
2014 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP (2014-current)
2002 Patriot (2002-2014)
1997 Monterey (1997-2002)
Niceville, Florida

Edward Buker

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 02:00:49 PM »
Rick,

If you have the oval remote with an lcd window, it will turn on those speakers by selecting room 2. The main speakers are room one if memory serves me here. I have an 02 Marquis but they may be similar. The bay speakers need to be plugged into AC because they are amped at the speakers and there is a local volume control on the speaker that may need to be turned up. You could test the speakers and local amp by plugging in some music device (Iphone etc) using an RCA patch cord with RCA males at one end and a mini earphone jack at the other end.

Later Ed