Author Topic: copilot footrest  (Read 5529 times)

Julie Nagy

copilot footrest
« on: May 27, 2013, 03:54:07 PM »
any idea how to fix a stuck power footrest on the copilot side. It's blocking the entry door.  Half of the footrest works but the other side wont.
Flexsteel is the brand. Monterey Beaver 2005 40ft. 3 slide.
thanks in advance.

LEAH DRAPER

Re: copilot footrest
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 04:59:09 PM »
IF you disconnect it from the power source will it allow you to retract it manually  until it can get fixed.  Just a thought that came to mind.   Power connect is under the seat I think.

Julie Nagy

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 05:17:31 PM »
Thanks for the thought, will give it a try.  

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 09:36:54 PM »
If the seat was turned 180 degrees recently, to accomodate visiting in the living area while camped, that may have stressed the wires in the loom underneath - been there, done that.  Check the multi-wire connector(s) under the chair to make sure all wires are unscathed and solid in their sockets, and check the wires at the switch.  Reroute the wire bundle so it is less likely to get yanked when the seat is swiveled.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Julie Nagy

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 11:31:56 PM »
Will also try that.
Thanks

Julie Nagy

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 04:32:41 PM »
Any info on where to get it repaired if we have to resort to cutting the worm screw to get the footrest down to get in the RV.
We live in SF bay area CA. but often go to southern Oregon.

LEAH DRAPER

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 04:33:08 PM »
I guess my first attempt would be googling Flexsteel dealers in the area to see if they can fix it or go on their website if they have one.  Also might try calling the Bend Service Center in Bend OR to see if they can help.  If you were up there I am sure they could resolve your problem.

Gene Brown

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 05:27:09 PM »
Julie, I had this same problem last year on my '06 Monterey. The gear at the top of the worm screw is plastic and the teeth strip off. The worm screw and gear assembly come as an assembly so you have to replace the whole assembly. To get the chair around ,  I had to remove  the foot rest assembly (four bolts ). The footrest has a separate power cable connector so you don't have to disconnect the whole chair. Steelflex will not sell  direct to an individual, you must go through a dealer.  The part cost $85.00 with shipping. I live in FL so I ordered through Lazydays. If you can't fix it yourself, any RV dealer/repair shop should be able to get the part and fix it for you. Good luck!