Author Topic: Girard Awning Not Retracting  (Read 4479 times)

Rick Vyncke

• BAC Member
Girard Awning Not Retracting
« on: May 29, 2013, 02:28:10 AM »
I know that I'm not the first to report this....  Our Girard awning extends perfectly.  When retracting (however) it will come in a foot or so and then stop.  After waiting a period of time it will come in a little more and then stop.  

I've spoken with Girard and they recommend that I bypass the current limiter.  Problem is I cannot find it on our 2004 Beaver Marquis Garnet.  The awning is actually attached to the passenger side living-room slide.  Girard thought that it might be in a compartment inside of a cupboard above the couch.  I don't recall any access panel in the cupboard but plan on checking again.  If you are aware of one please let me know.

I removed the panel that holds the awning switch (in front directly over stairs) and the panel that holds the inverter control (right side directly above stairs) and cannot find the ACL box anywhere so it's obviously somewhere else.  If you know of where it might be hidden please let me know.

Thank You
Rick V
2004 Beaver Marquis, Garnet (3 slides)
43'
C12

Steven Link

• BAC Member
    • whitehousevet.com
Re: Girard Awning Not Retracting
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 09:49:29 PM »
Rick,
I used to own an '04 Marquis Garnet and the ACMC box is located behind the wood in the overhead cabinet at the left of the passenger side sofa. The panel is well hidden and held in place be 3 or 4 small screws as best I remember. The panel is quite hard to see and to access. I think you have to remove the whole left inside cabinet panel.
Steven Link
Steven & Penny Link
Springfield, TN
2009 Marquis,  Cat C-15

Rick Vyncke

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 03:06:16 AM »
Thank you Steven.  Will be working on it this weekend.
Rick V
43'
C12

Rick Vyncke

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 02:26:03 AM »
Thanks again Steven!  The current limiter was exactly where you said I'd find it.  In the leftmost cabinet above the couch there is a wooden end panel.  It required removing the rear panel first and then the left panel.

After bypassing the current limiter the Girard works like new. :)
Rick V
43'
C12

Steven Link

• BAC Member
    • whitehousevet.com
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 12:54:24 PM »
Gotta love this forum...always someone that has felt your pain before. Good luck and you are welcome.
Steven
Steven & Penny Link
Springfield, TN
2009 Marquis,  Cat C-15