Author Topic: Delamination  (Read 6094 times)

Jim Shaw

Delamination
« on: November 29, 2009, 03:35:27 AM »
I have had my 2003 Beaver Monterey and have lived in it full since buying it new. Lot's of minor problems, but Beaver was always great in taking care of them. After six years I thought I had finally solved all my problems. A couple of weeks ago my wife noticed a large bubble in the side wall that seems to be fiberglass delamination. Has anyone ever experienced this on a Beaver. Also anyone familiar with the type of repair is required.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 04:44:22 PM by 5 »

Jerry and Kay Hudson

Re: Delamination
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 03:39:51 AM »
Hi,
We bought a 2002 Contessa last year and like you i have had no major problems, but i did notice an area of delamination on the side of ours. it appears to be around the washer area so i do not know if the previous owner had a leak or not. we have looked closely and nothing seems to be getting any worse and from some of the enquiries that i have made, it will be quite expensive to repair, So for now, we will just keep enjoying our Contessa and just look the other way when we walk past that area of our coach.

Jerry and Galinda Hudson
2002 Contessa
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 05:46:27 AM by 14 »

LEAH DRAPER

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 04:17:48 PM »
Here is my story regarding delamination ....I had a 1999 Patriot Thunder with this problem.  It was covered by Beaver under warranty.  Of course that is gone now with our Beavers.  
What happened to fix it at Bend, was that both side walls were removed (included removing windows) and all new fiberglass was installed, windows replaced and coach repainted.  Many $$ for Beaver.  My understanding was that it was bad glue that caused the delamination process.  I was without my coach for about 2-3 months, but it was worth it.  I was a beautiful job done by Beaver staff that still remain at the Bend Service center.

Marty and Suzie Schenck

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 08:11:28 PM »
I have a 2002 Patriot Thunder with a delam on the left side between the front and rear slide outs. The tech at Beaver Coach Sales told me it could be one of three things: bad glue, glue machine running low on glue when making the panel or a water leak. He also told me if I could rule out the water leak (which I have ruled out) and have no rot or internal damage (whichI don't) I could repair it or just live with it. He went on to say that early Beavers (don't know what years) had floating panels, they were not glued. They were held together by the window and door frame screws. Anything that went through the panel that had an inside and outside flange held the panels. I chose to live with it and watch. In the two and a half years since it first appeared it has not gotten any worse. I check it often and find no water leaks or other damage.  Marty