Author Topic: Nose Bra  (Read 3608 times)

Gary Winzenburger

Nose Bra
« on: June 01, 2013, 04:11:42 PM »
Our 1997 Marquis needs a new nose bra. I'm waiting on a call-back from Bend, OR, but wondering if anyone knows if these are still available. I've looked at ebay, google, and some on-line shops, but haven't had much luck. Also need a windshield washer connector (the one going thru the hood that the wiper hose attaches to). Any help would be appreciated.

Keith Oliver

Re: Nose Bra
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 04:51:15 PM »
For your windshield washer, search this thread:  Windshild washer connection parts

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 05:01:32 PM »
Gary,
I have not seen a new nose bra in 10 years. They were all replaced by the 3M Invisishield paint protector film. However, you may be able to get one custom made at on of the trim shops who make other products like tire covers, or vinyl tow shields for tow cars. The washer nozzle connector is probably available through BCS (Beaver Coach Sales).

Gerald  

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 09:48:27 PM »
Bras, automobile hood covers, and the like are not things I'm a fan of.  They may stop rocks from dinging the nose of your front cap, but don't protect the costly-to-replace windshield.  Our 3M film doesn't stop the largest or highest velocity stuff, but does get most of it before the paint takes a hit, and the heavy film rather than the paint gets the swirl marks from washing micro-grit;  eventually the plastic can be replaced with paint underneath relatively unscathed.

Bras and the like tend to trap gravel and grit underneath, where it grinds away at the entire painted surface as the material moves above it.  Neither system is perfect, but bras... No thanks.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Gary Winzenburger

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 10:18:10 PM »
All very good advise! Thanks for the information. After removing this rotting cover, I found the surface had bubbled in places as a result of moisture. I'm going to let it dry out and hopefully the small bubbles will disappear. One less thing to worry about.