Author Topic: GFI Circuit Off  (Read 4245 times)

Ron Johnson

GFI Circuit Off
« on: June 08, 2013, 07:35:37 PM »
I stuck a plugin circuit tester into the plug in front of the kitchen sink ... it lit up .. I stupidly pressed the  button on the tester [not having a clue what it did] and npw some of the driver\kitchen side GFIs are out. Some means the stove igniters, the 2 front kitchen counter plugs, the plug at the front of the kitchen counter, the plug in the kitchen counter garage,  When the circuit snapped ff I distinctly heard it right behind the plug but I cannot see a pushin GFI button there so .....  I continue the search.  Any help would be appreciated.

Edward Buker

Re: GFI Circuit Off
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 08:29:44 PM »
Try resetting the GFI in the main storage bay. I know you heard something from the area by the plug but if that is not a GFI that could not be what you heard. Beyond that there are three breakers in a grey box on the ceiling of the storage bay, flip those off and back on again.

Later Ed

Gary Winzenburger

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 09:46:11 PM »
There also may be an outlet under the sink inside the base cabinet, as well as an outlet under the overhead cabinet above the kitchen sink and counter.

Ron Johnson

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2013, 10:04:28 PM »
Thanks everyone .. our telephone was plugged into the outlet at the driver's end of the kitchen counter the large plugend hiding the red button which reset everything.  Never had to do that before so .. now I know.

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 12:07:12 AM »
Glad to hear your running again, we have GFI breakers and need to reset in the 120 breaker box(06 Thunder)
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Ron Johnson

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2013, 03:37:38 PM »
I looked at an 2005 electrical panel a couple weeks ago and had a little envy but so far this system has worked great, especially since I went to AGM batteries and a Magnum pure sinewave inverter with 4-stage charger. Nice to have the kitchen back in working order.