Author Topic: Utility Bin Door Latch  (Read 2829 times)

Ron Langdon

Utility Bin Door Latch
« on: June 10, 2013, 05:04:15 AM »
This evening I attempted to open the door to the utility bin (water, sewer, elect) and something inside the latch snapped. The consequence is I can't open the bin. the bin door swings up not out and is double hinged -- one on each side. When the door is up, there may be room for one medium sized person to squeeze between the inside of the door and the outside wall of the coach. but that's another problem. In the short run, I need to get the bin door open!
The coach is a 2008 Patriot Thunder. Just happened this evening, after dark. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
Re: Utility Bin Door Latch
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 09:47:56 PM »
I just did an adjustment on mine at Beaver Coach sales mine would never lock since I bought the coach, well they fixed it YAHOO, I would give them a call Ron I bet they have an idea.

Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Jim Nichols

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 04:36:12 AM »
Lay on your back to see under and up the outer edge of the door. Use a LONG thin screwdriver and pry the latch back to free it from the striker. Two person job, you on your back and your bride pulling on the door handle.
Jim/Natasha Nichols
05 Monterey 36'
400 Cat C9

Ron Langdon

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 08:49:17 AM »
Thanks, Jim. That was my first attempt, bride was away, but even with a stand in, it didn't work. Ended up drilling out part of the shell under the paddle handle to access the mechanism. I can open it no w with a pliers.