Author Topic: RVA Levelers Question  (Read 4336 times)

Dick Simonis

RVA Levelers Question
« on: June 10, 2013, 05:30:28 PM »
In the past, I've always dumped air before leveling but I'm wondering if that is really necessary.  Dumping air sometimes causes some problems, like now, where the sewer dump becomes higher than the discharge.  If I was at ride ht it would be a bit better but I'm not sure if there will be an problems as the air bleed off and the full wt of the coach is on the jacks.

Thanks for any input.

Fick

Gerald Farris

Re: RVA Levelers Question
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 10:55:21 PM »
Dick,
The main reason for dumping air before leveling is to level the coach as close to the ground as possible. There are two reasons for this. The first reason is to make entry and exit of the coach easier. The second reason is that if you start leveling from ride height, you are reducing the usably length of your approximately 1/2. Therefore the number of times that you can not level the coach because of excess slope will go up tremendously.

Gerald

Dick Simonis

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 11:23:11 PM »
Gerald, thanks for the reply and normally I am perfectly content to do just that.  However the occasional circumstance pop up, like now, that makes dumping air less than desirable.

So, I guess what you're suggesting is that not dumping is just fine.  Our current space is level enough that I don't hardly have to level at all so limiting the extension is not an issue.

Dick

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 05:33:31 AM »
On my coach the air is automatically dumped when the hydraulic leveling system is engaged to auto-level.  All the air pressure is dumped before the legs touch the ground.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!