Author Topic: Generator slide-- won't open  (Read 4671 times)

Ron Langdon

Generator slide-- won't open
« on: June 15, 2013, 04:39:54 AM »
This seems to be the week of slides and bins that won't open. This afternoon I tried to open the slide where the generator is housed. Nothing. Switch & fuse appear ok. Any thoughts? We plan on leaving Monday and I would feel better knowing I can open that area if needed.

LEAH DRAPER

Re: Generator slide-- won't open
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 03:26:00 PM »
I found out by accident that if the engine is running the slide would not open, don't know if just having key on does the same.

Sean Donohue

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 04:38:48 AM »
Are the Slides able to move?

Ron Langdon

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 03:49:05 AM »
Thanks, Leah, but that does not seem to bethe issue. Engine was not running  and key was off. But, Sean, you raise an interesting question, because the slides would not work either.What's the connection? When we left this morning, the slides came in correctly. I didn't test the generator slide. But when we got to our destination, Paso Robles, neither the slides nor the bin would open. Called for RV tech help and between the two of us,, jiggled, disconnected and reconnected the connections and magically everything is now working. But what's the connection between the generator slide out and the house slides???

Gerald Farris

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 03:57:59 AM »
Ron,
The same hydraulic pump powers the generator slide as well as the hydraulic room slides.

Gerald

Sean Donohue

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 04:03:32 AM »
While it is on your mind, check the fluid in the rez... Mine failed last year and there was water in the fluid, had to flush the system and replace the pump.

Ron Langdon

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 08:11:09 AM »
Gerald and Sean, thanks for the information and the "heads up," this has been a week of oopppps and ahhhas.

Mike Humble

• BAC Member
  • BAC Past President 2014-2018
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 03:37:41 PM »
Your pump may be the same as on our 2008 Contessa.  It seems to have a failure rate due to the design, it can allow oil into the 12v motor.  It is sold by Lippert and we have had ours replaced.  Ours was diagnosed before failure.  I understand it helps to tap on the pump and that can free it up for a temporary fix.
Mike
2008 Marquis 45' Cat C-15 600hp