Author Topic: Water Bay Problem  (Read 2849 times)

David Fischer

Water Bay Problem
« on: June 23, 2013, 09:22:21 PM »
I have a 1997 Marquis, and yesterday afternoon I turned on the hot water in the kitchen, and nothing came out.  The cold was ok.  I went to the water bay and found water pouring out.  It was the shower valve cap that screws on that broke and the water pressure pushed out the valve stem.  I went to the local hardware, Lowes, and a small RV supply place which never has what I need, and none had anything that could be screwed on.  It seems that the valve cap is not the normal PVC plumming size.  I assume that this part was made just for Rvs.  I ended up taking the cap off the drain valve and putting it  on the shower valve.
My problem is that I bet that you cannot get just the cap, and would have to buy the whole valve which would mean taking the bay apart and redoing the manifold.   I also noticed that a couple other caps are cracking.  
Has anyone else had this problem?  Does anyone know the maker of this valve and where to get it other than Beaver Sales in Bend, if they have it.   I looked on the internet and found a couple of places that just sell the whole valve and about $17.00 each, and if I have to do the manifold I will redo them all (10)..  I am sure that Bend would be at least that amount.  
Attached are a couple of photos.
Need help

Tom and Pam Brown

Re: Water Bay Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 10:33:22 PM »
David, that looks like the same wise and you might use in a coupler.  Might want to check.

Bill Jourdain

Re: Water Bay Problem
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 03:38:39 PM »
I had a similar problem a year ago and took the broken piece to Camping World. They were able to sell me the entire plastic assembly that I canabalized  for the parts I needed to fix the problem. I don't recall the name of the assembly but it worked.