Author Topic: Loss of Air  (Read 3509 times)

Ron Langdon

Loss of Air
« on: June 28, 2013, 11:35:34 PM »
It's Friday afternoon, it's 99 degrees and the loss of air pressure lights and alarm went off. We are 25 miles east of Red Bluff, Ca waiting for help. When alarm went off I heard a loud whistling sound. Pressure was low at start up this morning after sitting for three days. pressured up then without a hitch. No other indication of low pressure before that. Dryer? Diaphragm? Broken line? Any thoughts? Also, any one know of a shop/mechanic in the area?
So far this trip has been the trip from the place of eternal theological punishment! Thanks in advance.

John Hennessey

• BAC Member
Re: Loss of Air
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 03:07:05 AM »
I know of a very competent RV suspension shop in Redding by the name oh All Wheel Alignment. They have done work for us  they will know what to do and they are honest and won't charge you an arm and leg for their work.  You can stay in their parking lot with water and electric
John & Linda Hennessey
2023-Thor Omni Class C
2011-2023 - 2003 Marquis

Ron Langdon

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 04:39:30 AM »
John, thanks so much for the info. That's part of what makes BAc more than a group of owners.
You can add Clayton Towing to the list of very helpful folks here in the Redding area. After some less than successful phone calls to my now former insurance company and their referrals, I contacted Clayton Towing. Bob arrived with the larger than life tow truck.i demonstrated the problem, and he very carefully lifted the rear end of the coach, crawled under it, and reemerged to say "I think I can fix it." First attempt failed. Needed a part. I suggested a trip to an auto supply store. I was expecting to go myself, but he said no he would go with me since he knew the owner. We tried to replicate the part, but the owner didn't have right size rubber tubing. He did have copper tubing. Bob and the owner put the new copper part together and we are now at Mountain Gate RV just north of Redding. Total cost minus the goodies I bought and the towing $18.00.

John Hennessey

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 07:05:38 AM »
Know the resort well. There's a lot to do in Redding so we enjoy that area
John & Linda Hennessey
2023-Thor Omni Class C
2011-2023 - 2003 Marquis

neil omalley

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 08:58:08 PM »
Ron:who was your "former insurance company"? It's time for my renewal and am considering a change.  I have Good Sam. Did you have them or Coachnet? Thanks. Neil.