Author Topic: no 110 volt to ice maker?  (Read 4477 times)

Forrest King

no 110 volt to ice maker?
« on: July 03, 2013, 03:28:15 AM »
have 2006 montery with dometic refrigerator. I am not getting voltage to receptable for ice maker any idea where i might start looking. have checked the circut breaker an it is fine can not locate any other fuse between it an recepable unless inverter comes into play.

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: no 110 volt to ice maker?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 06:12:25 AM »
The ice maker is on a separate circuit than the fridge, as you may know.  On that same circuit are the front TV, audio video equipment over the dash, dinette receptacles, and the sconce lamp.  The circuit is #6 on the Inverter panel, next to the 240v. Main panel, and the breaker's tag mentions dinette and A/V, but not the icemaker.  The Square-D breakers on that Inverter (120v) panel have built-in GFCI's, which are especially sensitive, and may trip easily if a circuit is exposed to moisture or even high humidity and temps.

If your TV doesn't work, it's that breaker, or a bad connection in the junction box "under" the fridge according to the wiring diagram.  If the TV, A/V, dinette outlets, and sconce do work, then it's the ice maker outlet behind the fridge that's bad.

I had trouble last year with that circuit in high Nebraska heat, along with ignition issues and a TV that would turn on by itself.  It's possible there is an ignition interlock along that circuit that shuts down the TV if the ignition is turned on, and I think mine is in the ice maker outlet box.  The heat played havoc with that circuit, which kept blowing the breaker.  Everything was fine when we dropped below 100 degrees and less humidity.

Joel
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 06:25:30 AM by 77 »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Forrest King

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 10:02:31 PM »
thanks joel. Your right on with every thing as far as that circit goes as I do have the shematic for the coach. Been  raining here so will be getting on it when it dries up some in Va. Will look for that juntion box but if under frige may be diffcult to get as the recpeale is tucked back in to the refridge.

Thanks

Forrest King

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 01:04:04 AM »
Finally got to that recepable an the wires were not making contact. Those are cheap recepables as they just cut the wires an press in.

Forrest

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 06:43:56 AM »
Glad you found the issue, Forrest.  As Ed B. says, electrical gremlins are the coach owner's nightmare.  Seems to be a rash of loose wire connections lately.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat