Author Topic: Prosine 3.0 Inverter/charger  (Read 5407 times)

Jeremy Parrett

Prosine 3.0 Inverter/charger
« on: July 21, 2013, 12:45:21 AM »
 My generator stopped running while we were on the road using it to power the basement air conditioning. I restarted it while still driving. Since then my Prosine 3.0 inverter/charger stopped charging  either with the generator running or on shore power. The inverter works fine.  Is there a fuse inside the Prosine unit on the charging circuit or am I going to need a new unit?  :-/

Jeremy Parrett

Re: Prosine 3.0 Inverter/charger
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 10:04:45 PM »
Now at Alliance Coach in Wildwood Florida. Alliance say the charger circuit board is fried.  Told the Zantrex Prosine 3.0 is not made.New unit by Zantrex called  Freedom being installed with help from Good Sams ESP..

Jeremy Parrett

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 11:12:27 PM »
Coach still at Alliance.  New Freedom stopped working when awning was deployed .  Another new unit is on order. :-/

LarryNCarolynShirk

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 11:52:41 PM »
Jeremy,

Search the Forum for help.  The suggested manufacturer is Magnum not Xrantex.  Hope this reaches you in time.

Larry

Gerald Farris

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 05:48:27 AM »
Jeremy,
Larry is correct when he said that a Magnum inverter is the preferred make when replacing a failed Xantrex inverter. In fact the failure rate on a new Xantrex inverter is so high that many shops will not even install one.  

Gerald

Jeremy Parrett

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 08:05:57 PM »
Hi Larry and Gerald,
   Alliance Coach tell me that Zantrex asked them to ship the failed new unit back to them and not to the supplier.  Zantrex have shipped a new replacement from California.
 To switch to Magnum would mean reversing the whole order;accounting for many hours labor already spent and questioning whethere Goods Sams ESP would cover another deal!!
   I am stuck with the Freedom ,but many thanks for the heads up.
      jeremy.