Author Topic: HWH Air Leveling Hard Reset Location?  (Read 15383 times)

Brent Hohlweg

HWH Air Leveling Hard Reset Location?
« on: July 22, 2013, 06:31:37 AM »
Hi all,

Does anyone know exactly what/where the hard reset switch looks like in the HWH box located in the electrical panel area of our 2004 Beaver Marquis. The HWH worked great when we picked up coach, but has since been stuck in TRAVEL Mode. No other buttons or lights work on the HWH 600... So believe a "hard reset" will hopefully get the unit to work again.

Cheers Brent

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: HWH Air Leveling Hard Reset Location?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 02:03:47 PM »
Have you checked the fuses in the leveling control module in the front electrical bay?  In my coach the module is an aluminum box on the ceiling of the bay.  The box is about 1' x 8" x 2".  Remove the four screws and the cover comes off.  There is a row of about twenty auto-type fuses.  When I checked mine recently, two fuses had blown out.  The air leveling panel had no lights other than the travel light.  Replacing the two fuses fixed the problem.

I never saw a reset and am very happy that replacing the fuses completely fixed the problem.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Brent Hohlweg

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 05:41:55 PM »
Hi David,

Yes I have my HWH in that exact same spot also. I was hoping the same thing upon opening the HWH control box, but alas while there was a fuse blown... upon replacing it (the 15amp ACC labelled fuse)... it blew again. Then another 7.5amp fuse blew after that one.

So hoping that somewhere in or around that HWH box someone knows where a "hard reset" button might be :-)

Cheers Brent

David T. Richelderfer

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 07:53:47 PM »
Found this:  http://forum.bacrallies.com/m-1345317727/    It may help a little, but it does not say exactly where the reset is.  It does say there is a reset though.

I also found this:  http://www.hwhcorp.com/ml32304.pdf    This file speaks of a "lighted reset switch" and a "master warning light."  I am thinking you and I have near the same coaches, at least the same HWH leveling systems.  I don't remember seeing a "lighted reset switch," nor a "master warning light."  This file doesn't tell us where these two things are, except that in the picture it shows them below the key panel.  My coach is at the shop getting fluids changed until later today.  I will take a look later when I get the coach back from the shop.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 08:06:39 PM by 9124 »

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 09:15:14 PM »
Brent,
If you are blowing fuses, sounds like you've got problems other than a reset issue.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 09:48:28 PM »
Wasn't there a discussion here awhile back where a member found loose or short circuited wires under the "armrest" control panel?  Sounds like Brent's got a serious short somewhere.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Brent Hohlweg

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 01:07:44 AM »
Thanks David that would be a huge help :-)

Cheers Brent

David T. Richelderfer

• BAC Member
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 03:02:00 AM »
Well... I went to the shop to fetch the coach... and was told the primary fuel filter holder-housing is cracked... so they are looking for a suitable replacement and the coach will remain in the shop for at least overnight.  I wonder how that happened...?  It was likely cracked when I purchased the coach last August... but was not leaking, or I would have noticed it dripping on my driveway.  Maybe tomorrow, Brent...

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 03:27:44 AM »
On our Beaver Monterey, there is a HWH reset button next to the switch that powers the in and out tray for the generator. I have attached a picture.

Stan
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2013, 06:49:41 AM »
Ours is in the same spot.  Resetting likely won't help though, until he finds out what's blowing fuses.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
C9 400HP Cat

Brent Hohlweg

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2013, 03:42:30 AM »
Yes I'm suspecting I have a short somewhere as today I looked again in the electrical bay and found no hard switch for my 2004 Beaver Marquis. No hard switch behind the electrical control panel located at the drivers cockpit area. Plus when I replaced the 15amp fuse again for slot #3 in the HWH controller box in (which is marked BATTERY) it blew right away.

I had the day time running lights modified to import it into Canada and I'ms starting to suspect that something must be wired incorrectly and causing the HWH to be stuck in "travel mode" and continue to blow same fuses (Slot #3 and also Slot #5 (marked ACC) when I start the coach.

Cheers Brent

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2013, 08:03:03 AM »
You might contact HWH to find out precisely what might be blowing those particular fuses.  The one marked bat sounds like a master feed fuse.

I'd still remove the upholstered panel to the driver's left to see if you can get at the underside of the control panel, or dismount and remove it, and look for shorted wiring.  It wouldn't be the first time noted here.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
C9 400HP Cat