Author Topic: Aqua Hot Pump problem  (Read 4174 times)

David Fischer

Aqua Hot Pump problem
« on: July 25, 2013, 10:54:53 PM »
I have a 1997 Marquis that I noticed some anti-freeze on the floor. After scaring myself to death that it may be the tank, I determined with the help of a worker at the RV park that it was a pump that supplies the heat to the heat exchangers.  It looks to be coming from the area between the brass pump and the motor.  After quite a search on the internet, and a local pump supplier that it is an O ring that is needed.  Of course Aqua Hot only will sell the pump at over $800.  The local distributor didn't have any and couldn't get me one unless I was willing to get $50.00 worth and the cost each was $2.00 plus he had to order them which would take a couple of weeks.  Does anyone hear know where I can get just one?  Two? Three?
The local Aqua Hot service man in Albuquerque is in Alaska and obviously unable to help.
Thanks

Steve Jewell

Re: Aqua Hot Pump problem
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 12:34:31 AM »
Dave

Any good auto supply store will have an o ring assortment behind the counter. I would be real surprised if you could not match it up.

Steve

Orman Claxton

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 12:36:56 AM »
David
Can you send ma a picture, of the leak, That might be something I can help you with.
 I am in AZ right now

David Fischer

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 04:20:14 PM »
Orman:  Attached are a couple of photos that you requested.  Underneath the middle pump there is a collection of built up anti freeze.  After looking at the photos I see there is a build up on the other pumps also.
I have a couple more photos but unable to attach them.  If you want more can I email them to you?

David

Orman Claxton

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 06:06:46 PM »
David
Clean off the antifreeze, try to gently tighten the screws .
If that doesn't work, you can try replacing the gskt (O) ring,
The top photo, I believe the valve can be turned off, try clamping the rubber lines using  the (flat hose clamps)
It is going to be messy!