Author Topic: Xtreme Access Socket Set  (Read 6074 times)

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Xtreme Access Socket Set
« on: July 27, 2013, 01:53:26 PM »
I don't about your ability to perform your own maintenance, but here is a fairly new tool (I think about 2 years, but I only learned of it recently) on the market.  It replaces, allegedly, a whole tool box full of ratchets and sockets.  The attached is a 2-minute video.

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7njN/kobalt-xtreme-access-sockets
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Dick Simonis

Re: Xtreme Access Socket Set
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 04:02:00 PM »
I believe Craftsman also makes a comparable product.  One would question though, the availability of sockets when the occasional odd-ball size is needed.  You may not be able to run over to the local store a pick one up.  In concept I like the idea of not needed seep sockets in addition to the regular ones.

David T. Richelderfer

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 02:33:10 PM »
Not only do the sockets fit over long bolts making deep sockets unnecessary, but also the sockets fit over ANY LENGTH of bolt.  The pass-through "technology" means you don't need deep sockets... nor even deeper sockets.  In addition, the sockets will fit onto 4-point, 6-point, 8-point, 12-point, and spline heads in both standard and metric.  And it comes with a nice little carrying case.  The problem right now is if you contact the 800 phone number to order, they tell you they are presently sold out and won't take additional orders until more supply arrives.

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 03:25:24 PM »
IIRC, Kobalt is the house brand of Lowes. Would they be available there?

Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

David T. Richelderfer

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 04:52:11 AM »
Yes, Kobalt is a Lowes' house brand.  But to get the deal as advertised on TV, which is a full set with carrying case for under $30, you have to call the phone number shown in the video I placed in the original post on this thread.  If you go to a Lowes store, then you can buy the same stuff, but it's much more expensive.  Dick Simonis pointed out above in his post that Craftsman has a similar tool.  That's good; I like competition.  Competition makes things cheaper and more efficient.  I wish we had a choice between more than two political parties, eh?  Well, I guess we do... and I might be a registered Independent or Libertarian before the next election.  "You have to pass the bill before you know what's in it."  Good grief!!