Author Topic: Bay Door Locks Not Responding To Remote  (Read 4939 times)

Dave Porter

Bay Door Locks Not Responding To Remote
« on: July 29, 2013, 05:46:02 AM »
Currently traveling the Alaska Hwy and the bay door locks have stopped responding to the remote.  Entry door still locks/unlocks with remote.  I suspect a connector unseating itself due to all the vibration from the road. Any ideas as to where the controller module is located?. Am I on the right track with my thinking?

Many thanks

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Bay Door Locks Not Responding To Remote
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 09:35:31 AM »
I think the control module is a black box, perhaps the size of a pack of cards as I recollect, under the pop-up panel in the dash in front of the steering wheel, Dave.  The panel is held down with Velcro;  just get finger tips or something under an edge and lever it up.

Joel
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 09:45:42 AM by 77 »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

LarryNCarolynShirk

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 12:58:07 AM »
My black box is in the electrical bay, below the driver seat.  You may want to try changing the disk battery in the remote.

Larry

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 03:36:05 AM »
If it was the remote's battery, his entry door wouldn't respond.  Let us know, Dave, if you fix the problem okay.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Roy Warren Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 05:48:18 AM »
Are you sure your remote for the bay doors is making good contact and sending out a signal?  I had a remote which would open the bay doors but not the entry door as the contacts in the remote had gone bad.
Roy Warren
Roy Warren
2005 Patriot Thunder
Cat C-13

Bill Brown

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 04:21:43 PM »
I have a similar question on this same subject. Probably for Joel or Gerald.  My remote will unlock the front door and bay doors, however it will NOT lock just the bay doors, I must lock all doors  in order to lock the bay doors.  

Also, of late, when we have been underway and need to exit the coach for something, but leave the engine running, we are unable to unlock/open the front door.  I often must shut the engine down, and use the remote to unlock the front door, the manual release will not function properly.    It can be a real problem as well as a hazard in an emergency.  Any thoughts for a fix??

William Brown
06 Monterey, Laguna IV,
CAT C-9