Author Topic: BEWARE OF FREIGHTLINER IN CHANDLER, AZ  (Read 5151 times)

LEAH DRAPER

BEWARE OF FREIGHTLINER IN CHANDLER, AZ
« on: August 17, 2013, 01:39:26 AM »
If any Cat engine owners even think of going to this outfit...DON'T!  I took my coach there because their online description indicated that they were an authorized Cat organization.  I wanted the new software update downloaded, and the two fuel filters changed.  They said that they did all that, but also informed me that one of the filters was no longer being made by CAT.  Not knowing they were lying to me I said ok.
I have just had my coach to Wagner "Cat here in Albq, NM for some extensive testing to try and resolve some issues and when nothing definitive could be found, I had them do a complete service including replacing both fuel filters again.  When I said to the shop forman that I was told by Freightliner that Cat wasn't making one of two fuel filters, he replied that was horse puckie!  That was NOT true.  On finishing the service he told me that one of the filters installed (supposedly) by Freightliner had all sorts of rust on it's top.  Seems apparent to anyone with half a brain that this was NEVER changed.  Additionally a recent oil change that I was told was done obviously was NOT done as the oil was extremely black.  
Additionally they said they download the latest software, but DID NOT.  When I was Wagner Cat I learned that there was a missing  software update that had NOT been done.
Freightliner in my opinion is "jack of all trades and a master of NONE".

I get it that many dishonest outfits try BS a woman because they think they can get away with it.  I am not as inclined as some of you guys, BUT I sure as hell know when some thing isn't right and I am no freaking mushroom!

I have learned one lesson for sure and that is that I will NEVER take my coach to anyone but a genuine CAT dealer again.  
For sure I have extremely high praise for Wagner Cat in Albq, NM, they have treated me with respect  and honesty.

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: BEWARE OF FREIGHTLINER IN CHANDLER, AZ
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 03:34:57 AM »
Be sure to notify CAT of your experience.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Tim Westman

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 12:58:48 PM »
Leah, sorry to hear about your bad experience.  I started dating my filters not only as a reminder but also a quick check when I have service done.  Since starting this practice I have found most service techs will actually date the new filters they put on.

Orman Claxton

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 06:14:45 PM »
Leah
I would not take my coach to anyone in the Phoenix area But Massey Diesel, Tom knows what he is doing,
He is also Honest, (that is honest with a Capital H)
I have known Tom for several years

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 06:32:59 PM »
Leah, Orman,
Second comments re Massey Diesel. He's been doing my work since 2005. I also had good and bad experiences in MN and MI on our trip this summer. Interstate Power Systems in Minneapolis MN (next to Mall of America) was great. We got towed in due to transmission problems mid AM. They had us back on the road in about 4 hours, finding faulty connections at the wiring into the tranny. On the other hand we subsequently had an overheat problem in MI and had to be towed to Great Lakes Western Star in Monroe. The manager gave us a real ration about hooking up our drive shaft after informing us that we couldn't stay in their lot between midnight and 6 as the shop was closed. He finally relented but we ended up waiting 2+ days to get the unit looked at. AAA RV+ was great re towing but no help at all in finding service locations. We just switched to Coach Net.
Steve
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 09:11:21 PM by 5 »
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp