Author Topic: Fridge not liking Flourescent light  (Read 3523 times)

David Lynch

Fridge not liking Flourescent light
« on: September 10, 2013, 03:38:43 PM »
I have a Dometic RM7130 in my '95 Marquis which has an odd issue happening.  When the bathroom ceiling flourescent light fixture is on the Dometic swithes back and forth between AC and GAS.  It does not stop just keeps going.  The light is causing harmonice of some type and is fooling the Dometic that the voltage is not right.  Can these lights be purchased still ( Thin Lite brand)  don't know if it can have the ballast replaced or have to replace the entiore fixture.  Also think on replacing the Dometic with a residential fridge.  Any thoughts or experience with that??

Thanks..... Dave & MJ

LarryNCarolynShirk

Re: Fridge not liking Flourescent light
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 04:04:51 PM »
David,

You may want to consider replacing the light with an LED to eliminate the frequency interaction and give better light for fewer amps used.  Search the Forum for LED lights for sources.

Larry

Edward Buker

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 04:20:31 PM »
Could be a harmonic issue or the voltage may be affected by a failing tube or oscillator board pulling higher current then normal. You could try several new florescent tubes in the light and see what happens. The LED change over would solve the problem given that there is no need for the oscillator board as Larry proposed.

Later Ed

Bob McCORMACK

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 09:32:53 PM »
I replaced my Norcold with a Whirlpool in my 96 Patriot.  It was not that much of a effort, even was able to exchange the units through the street side window by just opening the screen.  The increase in capacity is very noticeable.   Biggest issue was cutting the opening enough due to the side wall of the cabinet being very flexible.   Because I have an AugaHot there are drawers below the frig opening.   Made it easier to mount the bottom of the unit with through bolts from below.  The top was easy to secure, I just drilled a small hole in the upper door hinge and ran a screw into the cabinet front above.  

If you like I can try to post some pictures, I have redone the interior with wood laminate flooring, replaced the ice maker with a trash compactor and replaced the cabinet behind the passenger seat with a custom one of my design to allow turning the seat around to sit at a proper size fold down desk .

Bob

David Lynch

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 06:14:18 PM »
Bob:

I would like to see some pics.  I have a model number for a samsung that is supposed to fit in the Marquis.  And they say a pic is worth a thoudsand words...

Thansk

Dave